Post Office Deliveries

The Blackadder

Are you not amused?
I have a route that I load that has 300-400 packages a day and then they added the PO and it brought it to 600-700 packages a day. It took them 3 straight days in a row for them to relize it wasn't all fitting and finally made adjustments. Now instead of loading 3 cars I'm loading 2 cars plus pulling 1000+ packages for 3 different PO's that I then roll down rollers to another loader.

Gotta love unexpected Bulk..lol
Looks like Christmas was able to sneak up on your center too.

hardcharger

Sure post sucks. I've heard it from my customers now I've experienced it first hand. I ordered something online and I received the ups tracking number but what I failed to see was the PO tracking number also on the ups website. Well I got a notice yesterday in my mailbox saying I had a package at the post office I HAD TO GO PICK UP before 5pm. WTH? I guess they don't make 3 attempts ? My package went thru my center right under my nose. I coulda had it the day before if it wasn't for sure post. What a joke. Now I know how my customers feel and what a lousy service that is. It only adds a few days to the whole process. No wonder the PO is losing money

oldngray

nowhere special
If you want good service don't use surepost. It is slow but most importantly cheap. USPS doesn't lose money on those packages.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
We were not talking about surepost though. We were talking about the customer pick up locations that ups has said are coming next year.
All good until someone goes into a 7-11 and breaks into the lockers at 1am while the cashier is sleeping or in the back...then 7-11 isn't going to want the liability...just wait and see.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
And I have no problem with the union enforcing the sure post language on the books now; before that gets taken away.
What language...that we can't have a 90lb sure post pkg....I don't think the union has ANY idea how much of this stuff is going to the post office....The language is weak on this and the union has taken a blind eye to this because of the uptick of hiring lately but this is ridiculous almost every resi pkg on my truck for my neighborhood is surepost...

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
All good until someone goes into a 7-11 and breaks into the lockers at 1am while the cashier is sleeping or in the back...then 7-11 isn't going to want the liability...just wait and see.
How much liability would there be? 99% of stuff if insured for up to $100

Brownslave688

What language...that we can't have a 90lb sure post pkg....I don't think the union has ANY idea how much of this stuff is going to the post office....The language is weak on this and the union has taken a blind eye to this because of the uptick of hiring lately but this is ridiculous almost every resi pkg on my truck for my neighborhood is surepost...
It's 10 lbs. and honestly I don't think even ups knows how much the shippers are screwing them on this deal. I deliver a ton of 15+ lbs packages everyday to the post office that say 1 lb on them.

If you're delivering them what are complaining about?

Brownslave688

If you want good service don't use surepost. It is slow but most importantly cheap. USPS doesn't lose money on those packages.
I can't believe the post office makes hardly anything on these packages. Just the sheer amount of truck space and the number of people that touch them has to eat up the $1 they get per package.

By The Book

It's 10 lbs. and honestly I don't think even ups knows how much the shippers are screwing them on this deal. I deliver a ton of 15+ lbs packages everyday to the post office that say 1 lb on them.

If you're delivering them what are complaining about?
If they say p. o. Box and no street address this is why the over 10 lbs are going to the post office. Talk to the part timers and have them clerk those with a black and white label. I want those on my truck to deliver to the houses so I physically work less and drive more on my country route.
Does anyone know if there is a joint committee between ups and the teamsters in regards to surepost???
yes there is.
the new language in the master outlines this. The language could be stronger yes and the union should go after this because it equals jobs! There will be more dues coming in as we'll. what's the holdup!

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Does anyone think some of this volume to the PO is to try to prop them up financially so they totally don't fold and ups and FedEx are left to deal with all the parcels in the country??

Coldworld

60 months and counting
If they say p. o. Box and no street address this is why the over 10 lbs are going to the post office. Talk to the part timers and have them clerk those with a black and white label. I want those on my truck to deliver to the houses so I physically work less and drive more on my country route.

yes there is.

the new language in the master outlines this. The language could be stronger yes and the union should go after this because it equals jobs! There will be more dues coming in as we'll. what's the holdup!
I think there should be a percentage of pkgs that can go to the post office...does anyone have a random idea how many might have gone to the PO this year...it has to be in the millions just a guess in the dark