Post office pkgs still in DIAD...

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
If you put 43 packages for one stop as "Not Found" in my center our center manager would have a fit; however, you should not be manually entering them as being delivered when you did not physically scan them. That's just asking for trouble.
The center manager may have a fit but always, always, always cover your butt by doing things the right way.

Coalminer2005

Absolutely.

I'm still trying to figure out how he has 43 packages still left to be scanned at the PO.
Too easy. When you deliver 600 pieces to the post office and their all supposed to be linked to the bags and their not. It happens every single day at our center. The whole process is a joke. Load them up individually in a package car and scan them all I say. That's the only way it will be accurate.

Tiredbrown

Professional box jockey
Don't do that. Only record delivered packages. Anything else is falsifying records and is grounds for termination. If you can't find a package , hit "not found" and move on.
We are instructed in our building that the post office must zero out no matter what. We don't pay claims on sure post so they don't care.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Too easy. When you deliver 600 pieces to the post office and their all supposed to be linked to the bags and their not. It happens every single day at our center. The whole process is a joke. Load them up individually in a package car and scan them all I say. That's the only way it will be accurate.
I delivered a 25 ft uhaul last peak to the post office every day. Never had more than 1 or 2 missing.

Tiredbrown

Professional box jockey
You must be new.

Doesn't matter. Dishonesty. You should know better.
23 years isn't new that is so in our building. I am not falsifying anything just doing we are instructed to. Have fun trying to call it dishonesty when 250 drivers have been instructed to do so at multiple pcms.

Brownslave688

23 years isn't new that is so in our building. I am not falsifying anything just doing we are instructed to. Have fun trying to call it dishonesty when 250 drivers have been instructed to do so at multiple pcms.
It doesn't matter Einstein. Because the call to fire you will be coming from much higher. All your boss is trying to do is cover his ass for missed scans.

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
It is still dishonesty. You will be thrown under the bus. Don't be dishonest. If you don't have it, don't lie and say you do. I would dare any management to reprimand me for refusing to lie and be dishonest.

DumbTruckDriver

Allergic to cardboard.
This is really a problem in some places? The only problem we have is when the Surepost monkey tries to jam too much into the bag and ties off the remaining millimeters of bag left with tape.

Brownslave688

Listen to yourself. The fact that you were told to do it has no bearing on the fact that it's falsifying records.

Tiredbrown

Professional box jockey
In my building all of the loose packages get scanned by preload and linked to a bag tag. Management's reasoning is that they missed linking one and they don't want us to waste time rescinding 600+ packages to find it. We don't make squat on sure post as it is. Just want us to dump it and go.

Brownslave688

This is really a problem in some places? The only problem we have is when the Surepost monkey tries to jam too much into the bag and ties off the remaining millimeters of bag left with tape.
I usually end up with more scans than it says because I scan any packages that fall out of the bags just to be safe.

Brownslave688

It is still dishonesty. You will be thrown under the bus. Don't be dishonest. If you don't have it, don't lie and say you do. I would dare any management to reprimand me for refusing to lie and be dishonest.
ive done it a few times. It's pretty fun to laugh at them and say not a chance in hell. You do it.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
I think in some smaller buildings...they don't have a separate preload section for sorting and bagging surepost for all routes. They have the loaders scan and bag for their cars in addition to loading. When surepost first started, that's what we had to do.

Brownslave688

I think in some smaller buildings...they don't have a separate preload section for sorting and bagging surepost for all routes. They have the loaders scan and bag for their cars in addition to loading. When surepost first started, that's what we had to do.
I'm in a building that's 1 belt. We have a seperate area. I'm sure there are some places like that though.