Postal worker killed by lightning

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by bigbrownhen, Jun 16, 2010.

1. bigbrownhen

bigbrownhen New Member

This is so tragic. My prayers to her family.

I happend to read this story before work this morning. Then this afternoon, a fast moving thunderstorm moved through with alot of lightning. Needless to say, I stayed in my truck until the worst of the storm was over, it just took a few minutes.

This could happen to anyone. You just never know.
  2. Anonymous 10

Anonymous 10 Guest

We had a guy who's truck got struck by lightning it fried the electrical but he was ok.
  3. Sleeve_meet_Heart

Sleeve_meet_Heart making the unreadable unreadabler

My condolences . I was struck by lightning on 6/20/1995, very lucky to have lived. Better safe than sorry and stay inside the truck, ride it out.
  4. Monkey Butt

Monkey Butt You can call me Chappy Staff Member

Glad you made it sleeve.

Anything different after getting struck?
  5. Sleeve_meet_Heart

Sleeve_meet_Heart making the unreadable unreadabler

Thanks. I don't know about major effects, but I've never gotten over it fully. I was lifted off the ground and thrown 6 feet backwards into a wall. No real recollection except when I watch certain youtube videos, the snapping sound is all I remember, and the sound and feel of the air exploding away from you instead of towards you like would normally happen. I'm not sure if it caused any perm disability b eyond PSTD and other stress stuff.
  6. I've always heard your personality is electrifying!!!
  7. browniehound

browniehound Well-Known Member

I actually think its not such a bad way to go, quick and painless. You would never know what hit you. And yes, I find it disturbing that I think like this, LOL!
  8. stevetheupsguy

stevetheupsguy sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ

Is this you?

9. Sleeve, I've heard you really know how to light up a room.