preloader getting tips from drivers

Cementups

Box Monkey
The other day I crammed 480 pieces onto whatever size package car is the smallest these days. I fit everything onto/under those damn shelves except miscellaneous larger packages, a bulk stop, and irregs. It was a nightmare for the driver, but everything was where it was supposed to be, and it could have been a lot worse if he had a loader who didn't give a damn. There's only so much a loader can do when presented with a situation like that.

tumblr_maq77ecMHG1qejf6u.gif

Speedy Cerviche

I'm tipping out 3 people this Christmas. My loader, my helper, and the person in charge of timecards. It's cost me 3 bottles of wine, a couple gift cards, and maybe some junior hockey tickets. What these people do to save my knees and fragile mental state is priceless.

Hold on a sec. I hear a few drivers, you know say they give their loaders tips and stuff, but, do we have an obligation to give them money and other things? (makes me feel uncomfortable handing money out every few weeks or so). I've never heard of this thing were we must give them money every peek, and (even every so often whatever the season), so like they say If you don't give me some money or some kind of gift I will purposely load your car like crap.

UPSRook

Hold on a sec. I hear a few drivers, you know say they give their loaders tips and stuff, but, do we have an obligation to give them money and other things? (makes me feel uncomfortable handing money out every few weeks or so). I've never heard of this thing were we must give them money every peek, and (even every so often whatever the season), so like they say If you don't give me some money or some kind of gift I will purposely load your car like crap.
I think it would be the opposite. You get a tip for doing a good job, not a bad job.

Indecisi0n

I am a cover so I don't have the same loader all year so I won't be tipping but there are two routes(different loaders) that if they were my loaders I would easily give them 50-100 bucks because their loads are so organized. I can't believe how easy they make my day when I cover their routes. Also when I walk into the truck they will point out any weird packages or odd placement of irregs.

Cementups

Box Monkey
If I had the same loader on the regular I would gladly float the guy/girl a few bucks. But floating is exactly what they do with our loaders. I hardly ever have the same person two days in a row.

As far as 9611461 claim, I treat those well who treat me well. If you make my life easier then I will show my appreciation accordingly. UPS already pays you to do the job, but if you go the extra mile for me then I will do the same for you.