President Bush Interview with Matt Lauer

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Did anyone have a chance to watch the interview last night on NBC? I was pleasantly surprised at how honest and straight-forward Mr. Bush was on every topic that they discussed. Matt was not tossing him softballs that he could hit out of the park--most of the questions were direct as were the answers. Mr. Bush was the one to bring up water boarding, the legal and moral issues, and just how effective it was (one of the terrorists was water boarded 183 times.) He admitted his mistakes during Katrina. He spoke of his family, his drinking and subsequent sobriety, and his relationship with Dick Cheney. He spoke at length about 9/11.

I was very impressed when the hour was over.

tieguy

Banned
Care to expound on this?

I've made the point many times before . Bush had the country humming along before the most destructive congress in history led by Pelosi, reed and Obama took over.

Obama would kill to have the bush economy of 2007 when unemployment was 4.5 percent.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I've made the point many times before . Bush had the country humming along before the most destructive congress in history led by Pelosi, reed and Obama took over.

Obama would kill to have the bush economy of 2007 when unemployment was 4.5 percent.
And I totally agree with that post... and Ill drink to that.....................while I can still afford to.

klein

Für Meno :)

And I totally agree with that post... and Ill drink to that.....................while I can still afford to.

I can't believe some of you are sooo blindsided or brainwashed !

You had the largest economic boom since WWII , soley based upon the fake housing boom !
A housing boom does not just mean construction jobs, but everything else new homeowners need.
- All appliances (stoves, fridges, microwaves, washers & dryers), including kitchen cabinetts
- Furnances, hotwater tanks, toilttes and baths, even motors for the garage doors, lawn and garden tools including lawnmowers.
- New strip malls for new neighborhhoods, and new bus routes, even new or extended routes for UPS and Fedex.
- Not just lumber, but tons of steel for those new created strip malls, traffic and street lights, traffic signs, gas pipelines, etc.
- New services from cable/satellite/phone , utility companies to landscaping contracters expanding.

The list goes on and on.

There is probably no larger economic stimulus then building millions and millions of homes thru-out a country, besides a major war, where things need to be rebuilt, like after WWII !

Anyways, we all know now where this all ended up. - Whole neighborhoods became Ghosttowns, or foreclosures on every single street.
New stripmalls no longer fully occupied or even completly empty.

Most Americans lost money on thier properties now. The government in the trillions of record debt.
Was it really worth that all, to have a record low unemployment of 4.6% ?

Better rethink that one !

-

blah blah blah....yadda yadda yadds-
I thought I read somewhere that you weren't coming back? At least you should have changed your name......to...Mr. Obvious.

Most people agree that the housing bubble burst was one major factor in the current economic situation, what is argued to no end is who is responsible. Dems point to the right and repubs point to the left, nothing new here either.

bbsam

Staff member
"Bush had the economy humming along...." and America elected the democrats. Obama has a recovery started and America elects the republicans. Klein may actually have a point.

browndevil

I can't believe some of you are sooo blindsided or brainwashed !

You had the largest economic boom since WWII , soley based upon the fake housing boom !
A housing boom does not just mean construction jobs, but everything else new homeowners need.
- All appliances (stoves, fridges, microwaves, washers & dryers), including kitchen cabinetts
- Furnances, hotwater tanks, toilttes and baths, even motors for the garage doors, lawn and garden tools including lawnmowers.
- New strip malls for new neighborhhoods, and new bus routes, even new or extended routes for UPS and Fedex.
- Not just lumber, but tons of steel for those new created strip malls, traffic and street lights, traffic signs, gas pipelines, etc.
- New services from cable/satellite/phone , utility companies to landscaping contracters expanding.

The list goes on and on.

There is probably no larger economic stimulus then building millions and millions of homes thru-out a country, besides a major war, where things need to be rebuilt, like after WWII !

Anyways, we all know now where this all ended up. - Whole neighborhoods became Ghosttowns, or foreclosures on every single street.
New stripmalls no longer fully occupied or even completly empty.

Most Americans lost money on thier properties now. The government in the trillions of record debt.
Was it really worth that all, to have a record low unemployment of 4.6% ?

Better rethink that one !

-
BINGO!

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
I thought I read somewhere that you weren't coming back? At least you should have changed your name......to...Mr. Obvious.

Most people agree that the housing bubble burst was one major factor in the current economic situation, what is argued to no end is who is responsible. Dems point to the right and repubs point to the left, nothing new here either.
That might be obvious to you and I, but necessarily to everyone else. Klein's post was in response to the suggestion that the recession was caused entirely by the democratic congress elected in 2006.

brett636

That might be obvious to you and I, but necessarily to everyone else. Klein's post was in response to the suggestion that the recession was caused entirely by the democratic congress elected in 2006.

In reality it was caused by democrat presidents elected in 1978 and 1992.