Catatonic

Nine Lives
goo it is then.
81whT%2B9ZsLL._SY450_.jpg

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Trump babbles in the face of tragedy

But Trump could offer no context for this latest conflict. No inspiring ideals from the author of the Declaration of Independence, who called Charlottesville home. No healing words from the president who was killed by a white supremacist. By his flat, foolish utterance, Trump proved once again that he has no place in the company of these leaders.
Ultimately this was not merely the failure of rhetoric or context, but of moral judgment. The president could not bring himself initially to directly acknowledge the victims or distinguish between the instigators and the dead. He could not focus on the provocations of the side marching under a Nazi flag. Is this because he did not want to repudiate some of his strongest supporters? This would indicate that Trump views loyalty to himself as mitigation for nearly any crime or prejudice. Or is the president truly convinced of the moral equivalence of the sides in Charlottesville? This is to diagnose an ethical sickness for which there is no cure.
There is no denying that Trump has used dehumanization — refugees are “animals,” Mexican migrants are “rapists,” Muslims are threats — as a political tool. And there is no denying that hateful political rhetoric can give permission for prejudice. “It acts as a psychological lubricant,” says David Livingstone Smith, “dissolving our inhibitions and inflaming destructive passions. As such, it empowers us to perform acts that would, under normal circumstances, be unthinkable.”
If great words can heal and inspire, base words can corrupt. Trump has been delivering the poison of prejudice in small but increasing doses. In Charlottesville, the effect became fully evident. And the president had no intention of decisively repudiating his work.

Catatonic

Nine Lives

But Trump could offer no context for this latest conflict. No inspiring ideals from the author of the Declaration of Independence, who called Charlottesville home. No healing words from the president who was killed by a white supremacist. By his flat, foolish utterance, Trump proved once again that he has no place in the company of these leaders.
Ultimately this was not merely the failure of rhetoric or context, but of moral judgment. The president could not bring himself initially to directly acknowledge the victims or distinguish between the instigators and the dead. He could not focus on the provocations of the side marching under a Nazi flag. Is this because he did not want to repudiate some of his strongest supporters? This would indicate that Trump views loyalty to himself as mitigation for nearly any crime or prejudice. Or is the president truly convinced of the moral equivalence of the sides in Charlottesville? This is to diagnose an ethical sickness for which there is no cure.
There is no denying that Trump has used dehumanization — refugees are “animals,” Mexican migrants are “rapists,” Muslims are threats — as a political tool. And there is no denying that hateful political rhetoric can give permission for prejudice. “It acts as a psychological lubricant,” says David Livingstone Smith, “dissolving our inhibitions and inflaming destructive passions. As such, it empowers us to perform acts that would, under normal circumstances, be unthinkable.”
If great words can heal and inspire, base words can corrupt. Trump has been delivering the poison of prejudice in small but increasing doses. In Charlottesville, the effect became fully evident. And the president had no intention of decisively repudiating his work.
Washington Post = Fake News
ergo - I did not read any of the rest of the article

Obviously a Trump-hater editorial piece.

Not that I disagree.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Reminds me of 'Bun' candy. Vanilla or maple or caramel were the choices. One of my favorites.
GOO is the acronym for the Grand Ole Opry.
There is a GOO GOO store in Nashville that we visited when we went to the GOO for an evening of music.
Vince Gill was the host that night and my wife is really goo goo over Vince.

newfie

whut? the Washington post took a shot at Trump? Who'd a thunk it.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
the left does not look at it as blame but credit. they are unable to understand that any organization with left leanings can be hateful or bigoted.
here is what i know, the cops were told to stand down. The torch thing looked staged to me. If the radical left groups didnt show up or were seperated this wouldnt of happened. The 20 year old kid looked like he got set up to me. I think he got directed by the counter protestors into their own people. They started beating on his car and he panicked

Sportello

here is what i know, the cops were told to stand down. The torch thing looked staged to me. If the radical left groups didnt show up or were seperated this wouldnt of happened. The 20 year old kid looked like he got set up to me. I think he got directed by the counter protestors into their own people. They started beating on his car and he panicked
This kid?:

DHFTCybVoAQnMaJ.jpg

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Rationalize it however you want. He went to a hate rally and murdered someone. He will go to prison. Simple as that.