question about bid sheet

Discussion in 'UPS Union Issues' started by TheKid99, Jan 20, 2015.

1. TheKid99

TheKid99 Active Member

I signed a sheet yesterday with 4 vacancies that will be taken down Friday for full time permanent PC
    Driver
    I'm number 2 on the list right now

They will have more pc jobs soon

Will they pick from the list I signed or post another sheet? Thanks

2. box_beeyotch

box_beeyotch Well-Known Member

From the one you signed. When their are more positions available, they will post another bid :censored2:.

3. Cementups

Cementups Box Monkey

There may be other list for the same job throughout your building.

4. Funfact

Funfact Well-Known Member

Or in a different building if that building is also in the seniority list. In my area there are three building and 4 centers you can bid into anyone if you have the seniority to win bid.

5. PT Car Washer

PT Car Washer Well-Known Member

And the top dog always waits until the minute before the bid comes down to sign.

6. Funfact

Funfact Well-Known Member

If there are 4 different position open that need to be filled than each should have it own bid sheet.

Could you have signed a sheet for people wanting to be a TCD or a List of people wanting to go FT. In my area they put these sheet up for two weeks after the 1st of the year. In my area TCD can only be used from June 1 - the second week in Sept and than from Oct 1- Jan 15.

7. TheKid99

TheKid99 Active Member

I took a photo of the paper

It says job description is service provider for package car driver

The type of bid is permanent vacancy

And the number of positions are 4

Employees eligible to bid are full time and part time employees

8. TheKid99

TheKid99 Active Member

This is it

Attached Files:

9. Grey

Grey Active Member

Question about bidding for a permanent route. If a guy already signed his name with more seniority is there any point signing it? Tbh there's like 4-5 guys on there already who've been there significantly longer...

10. silenze

silenze Lunch is the best part of the day

Definitely sign it. They go through at least 4 people who sign up but then are disqualified for whatever reason. Sign sign sign

11. joeboodog

joeboodog good people drink good beer

Doesn't hurt to sign. You never know.

12. Johney

Johney Raise your hand if you think Upstate is a D-Bag

Sign all bids.......turn down what you don't want. Better to be asked if you want it than to be told too bad you can't have it.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  13. Cementups

Cementups Box Monkey

Just like this. SIGN ALL BIDS!!!!

14. PT Car Washer

Some guys will sign bids even when they know they are not qualified for the job. Other guys sign and they know they will back out if they win the bid. Never be afraid to sign your name to a bid that you really want.

15. MAKAVELI

MAKAVELI Well-Known Member

What's the deal with the chauffeur's license requirement?

16. Cementups

Cementups Box Monkey

In NY you need a chauffeur's license.

17. PT Car Washer

In my state that is what they call a commercial drivers license under a certain weight without air brakes. Just tell the DOT you want to drive a UPS truck and they know what you mean.

18. MAKAVELI

MAKAVELI Well-Known Member

Oh got it. In CA they just call it a CDL.

19. TheKid99

TheKid99 Active Member

Some guy bid and he put his seasonal start date as his seniority date I hope they verify seniority date

There's 8 names on the list now and I'm like #3 or 4

The most seniority is 2002 the second most seniority bidder is 2006

But my question is if the four do not qualify during the 30 day period will they look from the list for the next person?

Because they're posting more bids soon.

20. PT Car Washer

Employees will put whatever seniority date they want on a bid sheet but HR will verify it before awarding the bid. My experience says they will go to the next highest senior person on the list rather then rebidding. A lot of guys don't qualify first time.