question for pretzel regarding signature allowance

pretzel_man

seems our local IE has deemed our center as a DR center , meaning the signature allowance is gone, im curious as to how a center becomes a DR only center??

As far as I know, no such thing as a DR only center. As far as I know, they cannot take away the signature allowcance.

If you get a signature, you will get an allowance.

Some packages require a signature. IE cannot change that. The DIAD will require that you get a signature, and an allowance is given.

Who told you the signature allowance is gone??

P-Man

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
As far as I know, no such thing as a DR only center. As far as I know, they cannot take away the signature allowcance.

If you get a signature, you will get an allowance.

Some packages require a signature. IE cannot change that. The DIAD will require that you get a signature, and an allowance is given.

Who told you the signature allowance is gone??

P-Man
we were told any resi stop that is not sig required has to be dr'd. We were also told what percentage of our routes was considered a good dr. I know business will still get a allowance from sigs, but any stop we get a sig on that is a predetermined good dr stop will give us no allowance,, thats coming from the onroads and center manager

SWORDFISH

we were told any resi stop that is not sig required has to be dr'd. We were also told what percentage of our routes was considered a good dr. I know business will still get a allowance from sigs, but any stop we get a sig on that is a predetermined good dr stop will give us no allowance,, thats coming from the onroads and center manager

Wells its a good thing you can always rely on your supes and center manager to tell you the truth.

pretzel_man

Unless things have changed significantly, they are blowing smoke.

The systems do not work that way. The systems that calculate planned time do not know if you got a signature because the package said signature required or if you got a signature when you could have DR'd the package.

This just does not sound correct.

As you know, its quicker to DR a package instead of getting a signature. The vast majority of our drivers do a great job in determining when to appropriately DR and when to get a signature.

Unfortunately, some get signatures when a DR was the correct decision.

I do not condone misleading all drivers because a small group do things inappropriately.

P-Man

P-Man

UPS Lifer

what.??? so you are saying nobody in the country gets a allowance for signatures...??????

No - If the package requires a signature, you will get a signature allowance for that stop.

My guess is that areas in your center that may have required a signature in the past such as heavy apt. buildings with no safe delivery point or businesses have been re-evaluated. So now the area allowance has been dropped and there are more stops that have been approved for DR. Example, an apartment building might have been close to DR and is now driver discretion based on the privacy of each apartment. There are a lot of apartment buildings that have private entrances where it is safe to DR. Obviously, common walkways are still not OK to DR. A signature would be required and that stop would get a different allowance. But one stop will not make much difference in your overall day.

Remember this - The driver who can control the delivery stop controls the time. Example - In the past COD stops - you were at the mercy of the customer. You usually got beat at that type of stop unless you had the customer trained and had multiple CODs THEN you probably would beat the standard. The same goes with DR versus signature. The allowance is not worth the loss of control you have waiting for a customer come to the door. Sometimes they want to know what is in the package or they just won't stop talking to you. Guess what you are toast!

My driver is so smooth, I can't get up fast enough from the couch to get to the door before she is in the truck and it is gone. She does everything by the book and I have never seen her run. I can tell you she is scratch or better when I have observed her delivery methods.

I've been ojs'ed and have been instructed to get signature instead of releasing as met cust. man obviously because it gives more of a time allowance and will make the ojs'er look better.

UPS Lifer

I've been ojs'ed and have been instructed to get signature instead of releasing as met cust. man obviously because it gives more of a time allowance and will make the ojs'er look better.

You must have a real green supervisor or flat out dishonest supv. If he continues to tell you crap like that, he won't be round for long. NOW, if a customer is a claims problem than the stop could be flagged to allow for a signature because of that problem. But that is not your call... the stop has to be flagged in the system.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
I can tell you she is scratch or better when I have observed her delivery methods.

Isn't that funny how she does everything by the book and is smooth yet she probably runs an hour late every day. Fair system.

grgrcr88

No It's not green grocer!
Tell them to put those instructions in writing and inform them that if you are being instructed to DR every resi you cannot possibly be held accountavle for bad DR's. I would bet you my left arm you will never get them to write that down!!!

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
No - If the package requires a signature, you will get a signature allowance for that stop.

My guess is that areas in your center that may have required a signature in the past such as heavy apt. buildings with no safe delivery point or businesses have been re-evaluated. So now the area allowance has been dropped and there are more stops that have been approved for DR. Example, an apartment building might have been close to DR and is now driver discretion based on the privacy of each apartment. There are a lot of apartment buildings that have private entrances where it is safe to DR. Obviously, common walkways are still not OK to DR. A signature would be required and that stop would get a different allowance. But one stop will not make much difference in your overall day.

Remember this - The driver who can control the delivery stop controls the time. Example - In the past COD stops - you were at the mercy of the customer. You usually got beat at that type of stop unless you had the customer trained and had multiple CODs THEN you probably would beat the standard. The same goes with DR versus signature. The allowance is not worth the loss of control you have waiting for a customer come to the door. Sometimes they want to know what is in the package or they just won't stop talking to you. Guess what you are toast!

My driver is so smooth, I can't get up fast enough from the couch to get to the door before she is in the truck and it is gone. She does everything by the book and I have never seen her run. I can tell you she is scratch or better when I have observed her delivery methods.

I'm sure she would love hearing this tooo. :wink2:

Coldworld

60 months and counting

How many years have you been out of ups, because the allowance are worse now than they were just a few years ago during your time at ups...they might even make you wonder what happen and that was a complement.