Question for you IE boys and girls

Channahon

D..
I'm not in IE anymore. Haven't been for a while. But when I was, as an IE rep I worked with the ctr mgrs and made the plans. But occasionally, either my mgr or the region IE had me change the plans and lower the volumestops planned. They always want the plans tight, What got me was one of my elements I got graded on was my accuracy for plan vol and stops. Often (not always), my initial plans were better then the final plans they made me change to. The ironic part then is because they made me change the goals I got a lower performance score.

That is exactly why there should not be any region deptartments. You had a good plan, your boss got a call from the Region IE, who had to approve the plan, and adjusted the plan, not to the advantage of the district, division or operation. Then you take a hit on your evaluation.

I hope your manager made a notation on your evaluation as to what caused you to miss that element. As that was not reflective of your hard work to make a plan that is fair for all involved.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
I hope your manager made a notation on your evaluation as to what caused you to miss that element. As that was not reflective of your hard work to make a plan that is fair for all involved.

Chan, how would that work.

I am his boss. You call me and put pressure on me to knock down his numbers to "get it as tight as we can here, after all, we are running a business, not a charity".

So ever mindful of the fact that you have the key for me to advance, or at least I gotta shine, I knock his numbers down (or strongly suggest for him) to suit your agenda.

Now, as has been noticed, the numbers were way off.......He was right and you were wrong. You and I still look good, cause we didnt fudge the numbers, Beenthere did. Those are his projections, with his stamp of approval.

So you and I write his evaluation over a cold one or two.

And I am supposed to fall on my sword for what......Beenthere? You were the one that ordered the changes, I just passed on the order from headquarters. And I am supposed to kill any chances for advancement for me to cover your decision? IS that how the game is played upstairs?

Its no wonder our company has begun to rot, from the top down.

The right ideas will flatten in the hands of the wrong employees.

This is also why there have been so many issues with all the different relooping, pass, edd etc etc etc.

And this is also why a driver can not be fired for production issues. You know, and the union knows, the numbers you ask the delivery drivers to reach are nothing more than a corporate w$t dream.

d

PS. Beenthere, thankyou for making clear what we already knew and suspected went on.

While delivery is hard dirty work, there is a code of honor. The further up the ladder, the more blurry that concept becomes.