Question on 1 year seniority

Shep92

I will reach my 1 year seniority on April 8. I have heard that you get a pay raise for every year of seniority you reach. Is it $0.50 or $1.00? My uncle has been in the company for 15 years and told me I will only get a raise once and then I will be stuck with it until the new contract negotiations which would be a real long time. Is this true?

Shep92

Do I get compensated for the time that I have worked when the contract is ratified? I heard something called "retro pay."

Con1989

My year seniority date was in September and I received a .50 cent raise and the contract hasn't been ratified yet. So you just might get your .50 cent raise as we'll.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Shep92

Well I'm starting to lose faith that I will get a raise and my paycheck will be stuck at $9.50 for a long time.

UPSGUY72

I will reach my 1 year seniority on April 8. I have heard that you get a pay raise for every year of seniority you reach. Is it $0.50 or $1.00? My uncle has been in the company for 15 years and told me I will only get a raise once and then I will be stuck with it until the new contract negotiations which would be a real long time. Is this true?

Go ask your shop steward if you don't know who that is ask a fellow worker or your uncle who your is... Then ask him/ her they will have the correct and more complete answer for your question.....

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Interesting, i got hired in late nov, and i got my 1 dollar raise like 2 weeks ago
im on the meadowlands hub
That's your "I'm a big boy and lasted 90 days raise", not your annual seniority raise (re-read title of thread).

Last edited:

Shep92

I talked with a steward before shift and he told me I would receive a 50 cent raise this year and for the next 3 years. Wasn't it a dollar before?