Question on 1 year seniority

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by Shep92, Mar 10, 2014.

1. Shep92

Shep92 Member

I will reach my 1 year seniority on April 8. I have heard that you get a pay raise for every year of seniority you reach. Is it $0.50 or $1.00? My uncle has been in the company for 15 years and told me I will only get a raise once and then I will be stuck with it until the new contract negotiations which would be a real long time. Is this true?

2. you aint even know it

you aint even know it Well-Known Troll Troll

You won't see any raise on your paycheck for now.

3. bleedinbrown58

bleedinbrown58 ahhh....the mouth breathers

You will not get a raise until the contract is ratified.

4. Wally

Wally Hailing from Parts Unknown.

It's like being married, you get a raise but you won't see it.

5. Shep92

Shep92 Member

Do I get compensated for the time that I have worked when the contract is ratified? I heard something called "retro pay."

6. cosmo1

cosmo1 Just another internet hooligan.

Go ask "uncle."

(When he's ten feet tall.)

7. Con1989

Con1989 Member

My year seniority date was in September and I received a .50 cent raise and the contract hasn't been ratified yet. So you just might get your .50 cent raise as we'll.

Sent using BrownCafe App

8. Shep92

Shep92 Member

Well I'm starting to lose faith that I will get a raise and my paycheck will be stuck at $9.50 for a long time.

9. bleedinbrown58

Tell your sup that...I'm sure he'll care! lol

10. Xav

Xav New Member

Interesting, i got hired in late nov, and i got my 1 dollar raise like 2 weeks ago
    im on the meadowlands hub

11. Funfact

Funfact Well-Known Member

Go ask your shop steward if you don't know who that is ask a fellow worker or your uncle who your is... Then ask him/ her they will have the correct and more complete answer for your question.....

12. bleedinbrown58

That's your "I'm a big boy and lasted 90 days raise", not your annual seniority raise (re-read title of thread).

Last edited: Mar 11, 2014
  13. Shep92

Shep92 Member

I talked with a steward before shift and he told me I would receive a 50 cent raise this year and for the next 3 years. Wasn't it a dollar before?

14. AndUPSER

AndUPSER Active Member

PTers in progression still get a raise. You will be up to $10 at your seniority date.