Question

Thekid25

I got a question about transferring my job. I currently live in MA and looking to move in with my mother in florida. Is there anyway to relocate my job there? A waiting period?, certain reasons people wouldn't be allowed to move. Any and all info regarding this would be awesome thanks guys.

I had brought the same question to my management team, and they told me there are no transfers... you would have to quit, and then try to be rehired wherever you want to go... are you full timer/part timer

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

More likely than not, you would have to resign your position here and re-apply in Florida. I would go to upsjobs.com first to see if there are positions available at the hub(s) closest to your mother. If so, apply and, if there is space available on the application, briefly explain your situation. If there is not, there should be contact information available for the hub in Florida which I would use to explain your situation. Transfers are generally for educational purposes only.

helenofcalifornia

Before anyone tells you to look at previous threads under the topic of "transfers," the answer in one word is no. UPS allows transfer within the districts, but not out of state. I had to quit after twelve years at UPS and start all over again when I moved. 8 years at preload before my number came up to go driving. You have to decide if it's worth the wait.

fairday

no way jose. no transfer for hourly employees. you would have to resign then reapply and start over. only provision is for change of operations clause i.e. they shut down your center and more it elsewhere.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I got a question about transferring my job. I currently live in MA and looking to move in with my mother in florida. Is there anyway to relocate my job there? A waiting period?, certain reasons people wouldn't be allowed to move. Any and all info regarding this would be awesome thanks guys.
What position are you in now?
Bargaining unit or non-union?

Paid-over-in-Maine

15 more years of this!
I thought you could transfer if you were attending some type of schooling? I can remember someone transfering out of our building and kept his PT status at a facility where he moved to. I could be wrong.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I thought you could transfer if you were attending some type of schooling? I can remember someone transfering out of our building and kept his PT status at a facility where he moved to. I could be wrong.

PM, educational transfers are permitted but I don't think the OP is transferring for that reason. Although he didn't say it, I have the feeling that he is moving to assist his mother, whether for medical or financial reasons, neither of which are any of our business and I apologize if I crossed the line by saying what I did.

MonavieLeaker

Bringin Teh_Lulz
PM, educational transfers are permitted but I don't think the OP is transferring for that reason. Although he didn't say it, I have the feeling that he is moving to assist his mother, whether for medical or financial reasons, neither of which are any of our business and I apologize if I crossed the line by saying what I did.

Well there is the hardship transfer..But I've heard theyre hard to get done

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Before anyone tells you to look at previous threads under the topic of "transfers," the answer in one word is no. UPS allows transfer within the districts, but not out of state. I had to quit after twelve years at UPS and start all over again when I moved. 8 years at preload before my number came up to go driving. You have to decide if it's worth the wait.

So you have 12 years and 8 years in?

DON'T MOVE TO FLORIDA!!!

squirlygirly

After this last peak I was determined to move from Northern Califonia to Seattle. I figured AWWLLL I had to do was put in for a transfer, like a couple of the kids have done since us being @ UPS.
NOT THAT EASY!!!

What I found out from my H.R. guy there are 2 ways to go about it.

1. You could quit your job and just hope you can get re-hired in Seattle. You'd lose all your benfits, (would have to wait it out another 18 months), your seniority, (I'm 13 on a list of 53, 40 due to recent layoffs) and your payroll would start all over again. Not sure if anyone knows this but people that work for UPS in the state of Washington are making $8.50 an hour...minimum wage is $8.55.

2. UPS offers an education program for their part-timers. If you were to enroll in just 1 class within ANY college, wouldn't matter what the class was, attended or even if it existed they would honor a transfer.

Transfers are only honored within the district that you are currently working in. So transfers do exist. It's just crap that @ 40 years old I would have to enroll back into school...

User Name

Only 230 Today?? lol
A guy in my center was pt and put in for a transfer to Florida to live with his new girlfriend. He enrolled in school and was accepted, moved to Florida and went to school for a month or so. Broke up with the girl, moved back and was out a job because they wouldn't let him transfer back. I can see why the company doesn't like to do it. He now lost six years with the company and hasn't reapplied.

A guy in my center was pt and put in for a transfer to Florida to live with his new girlfriend. He enrolled in school and was accepted, moved to Florida and went to school for a month or so. Broke up with the girl, moved back and was out a job because they wouldn't let him transfer back. I can see why the company doesn't like to do it. He now lost six years with the company and hasn't reapplied.
What? Was she the only single gal in Florida?

MechanicForBrown

Prblm found,part on order
Stay in MA. thers no better place to be than with New England weather and of course DYLAN DRYER from channel seven news { whdh } wow is she smoken!!!!