R.I.P. Steve McNair

ajblakejr

Age quod agis
Fethrs .. I screamed and brokedown when I saw this scroll across Fox News. Damn...I cried.

I was looking to see if anyone posted this...I am so glad you did.

Damn..Steve...what were you doing?

Steve...rest in peace...

fethrs

This is sad to me, more so that MJ. What a drag, I can't beleive it, him and his girl, that's the sad part, not one human but two.
I hope they find the loser that did this.

ajblakejr

Age quod agis
The MJ thing...I know. Bury him already.

I have a bet with husband that someone will die rioting in LA during the "event."

Wow...you can win tickets to the funeral. I wonder how much thy will go for on EBAY.

Steve...damn. He took me to a few Fantasy Championships. I have not been this upset about an athlete death since Sweetness Walter Payton.

Truly a sad day for any NFL fan ,I loved watching AIR MCNAIR. Like I was saying to my wife ,what was he thinking.He has 4 boys and he is found dead with a 20 year old girl ,not his wife.It looks like murder suicide for sure .I just wish some of these guys had morals and more respect for their family and spouses.RIP Steve you will be missed by many.:dissapointed:

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
I agree, it's looking more and more like a murder suicide. I always liked McNair, even though he never played for my teams(s) I followed him because I loved the way he played the game. He was only 36, his football career had just ended and he had the rest of his life in front of him. It's really too bad that it ended this way.

over9five

Staff member
I don't know this guy, never heard of him.

But if he was being unfaithful to his wife, I think he got exactly what he deserved.

fethrs

I don't agree that he got what he deserved by being unfaithful, he didn't deserve to die in his sleep. He made bad choices in his personal life but he was damn good to watch as a football player. What say you?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I don't agree that he got what he deserved by being unfaithful, he didn't deserve to die in his sleep. He made bad choices in his personal life but he was damn good to watch as a football player. What say you?

I do agree that Steve was one heck of a football player but I just can't get past the fact that he cheated on his wife and on his mistress. Did he deserve to die? No, but I still don't have any sympathy for the man and had to laugh when I read that he was revered as a "hero" at his funeral service. I can recall when the word "hero" had a much higher meaning.

ajblakejr

Age quod agis
I do agree that Steve was one heck of a football player but I just can't get past the fact that he cheated on his wife and on his mistress. Did he deserve to die? No, but I still don't have any sympathy for the man and had to laugh when I read that he was revered as a "hero" at his funeral service. I can recall when the word "hero" had a much higher meaning.

Agree.

Hero...wrong word.

Leader...only on the field.

Rolemodel...no.

Loving father...I am sure he loved his boys.

Sympathy for all those he left behind.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Agree.

Hero...wrong word.

Leader...only on the field.

Rolemodel...no.

Loving father...I am sure he loved his boys.

Sympathy for all those he left behind.

All good points. His widow and kids are the real victims here.

Jeff Fisher tried to assure her that the team will always be there for her and the boys but I think we all know that this will not be the case as time goes on and the story fades.

over9five

Staff member
Yeah, maybe I was a little rough on the "hero".

I've always considered cheating on your wife/husband a truly horrific act. It is treason in a worse sense than selling your country would be. And I don't think it is ever forgivable.

You know what? I changed my mind again. He got what he deserved!