Racism rears its ugly head

rod

Retired 22 years
Most schools have separate standards for athletes.

You bet they do. If little Jimmy or Leroy is on the starting team he gets a free pass. Anyone who says they don't must live in a BOG. When my daughter was in college she had inside knowledge of the situation and said it was a joke the way the athletes were treated.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
You just made my point. The "standards" are what ever they want them to be for any particular group or individual students. ;)
But often race is not looked at during the acception process. This depends on the school. I'm not sure what the university of missouris process is.

A few years ago the university of Michigan removed race from the application process. The amount of African Americans accepted went down drastically. When race was removed from the equation they simply didn't measure up.

You can not cry inequality and then ask for preferential treatment.

MAKAVELI

But often race is not looked at during the acception process. This depends on the school. I'm not sure what the university of missouris process is.

A few years ago the university of Michigan removed race from the application process. The amount of African Americans accepted went down drastically. When race was removed from the equation they simply didn't measure up.

You can not cry inequality and then ask for preferential treatment.
Do you have actual test scores and grades of all applications to verify your assumption?