Raise for drivers 118,000 USA drivers?

rebelsss

Not sure what UPS gross profit last year was, but there is 118,000 USA drivers. Just drivers alone with a 40,000 dollar increase for each driver in a year that would cost UPS 4.7 billion dollars, which I'm sure they profit close to triple that. What are they doing with all the profit? We need to get paid, that's for sure. If I'm way off, clown all you want.

PT Car Washer

Not sure what UPS gross profit last year was, but there is 118,000 USA drivers. Just drivers alone with a 40,000 dollar increase for each driver in a year that would cost UPS 4.7 billion dollars, which I'm sure they profit close to triple that. What are they doing with all the profit? We need to get paid, that's for sure. If I'm way off, clown all you want.
Why would only delivery drivers get a raise. What about all of the $40/hr PT car washers?

textat3

Our pay is a joke as a full time driver for a company we make 13B for. No so more than ever. Most welders, electricians, armed security guards are around 50-60/hr in DC…. Target starts punks at 24/hr.

Whatthewhat

Our pay is a joke as a full time driver for a company we make 13B for. No so more than ever. Most welders, electricians, armed security guards are around 50-60/hr in DC…. Target starts punks at 24/hr.
If a security guard is making 50-60 per Hr in your area, you have 2 options. Move, or quit and become a security guard. I’d take the security job!

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
Welders, electricians, and even armed security guards need more credentials and training than we do. Do they all have Cadillac healthcare and a pension? We have no required skill except to not crash a truck, not really rocket science brother.

Cowboy Mac

I don’t think we’re asking for the moon and the stars here. I just want the same buying power that our top rate had in the beginning of our contract maybe a little more than that.

And some other improvements to quality of life and job quality, and better job opportunities. They can do those things and still make a huge profit.

Sacrificial Lamb

Package Shepherd
I bet they started holding it in after a certain point. Really who wants to use a dirty hepatitis filled restroom with no AC.
:censored2:, I told myself I would never :censored2: in a package car/van out delivering, but what broke the straw from the camels back was when the DMV closed their doors on me during the pandemic. Luckily I always had trash bags and shut the bulkhead. That :censored2: sucked. I left Amazon about a month after.