Raises for hourly employees defered till October.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Ahh you're scaring me don't you think if he could he would have already :censored2:

Fred's next great idea is to take your average idiot off the street, plop them in a truck, pay them peanuts, and then depend on defective computer technology to allow them to be efficient delivery drivers. Oh, sorry...he's already doing that.

STFXG

There is an exemption for RLA air carriers. So unless the RLA specifies overtime is required then fred doesn't have to pay it. I'm not familiar with the RLA. Maybe he CAN stop paying overtime...

MAKAVELI

a sprinter doesn't have a gvwr of 10000 lbs not even close!
Exactly, they also don't operate in interstate commerce. I think when one of their drivers finally educates themselves on these rules and then sues for for unpaid ot, these contractors will be singing a different tune.

STFXG

Exactly, they also don't operate in interstate commerce. I think when one of their drivers finally educates themselves on these rules and then sues for for unpaid ot, these contractors will be singing a different tune.

Or maybe you should learn the laws and realize there are plenty of loopholes. Since you're obviously talking out of your ass.

vantexan

Googled it. A 3500 high roof extended wide body Sprinter has a Gross Vehicle Weight Rating of either 9900 lbs or 11030 lbs, depending I suppose on how it's equipped. Remember that the GVWR is the weight of the vehicle plus the maximum payload, which includes the driver. The 2500 is less but if I remember right was near 8000 lbs, not sure.

overflowed

Corporate Greed is rampant everywhere......including UPS.

I agree, but in this comparison we take the bacon. Another thing I believe is the degradation of the middle class is why the country isn't recovering as quickly. Corporate greed is right. I like your avatar.

MAKAVELI

Googled it. A 3500 high roof extended wide body Sprinter has a Gross Vehicle Weight Rating of either 9900 lbs or 11030 lbs, depending I suppose on how it's equipped. Remember that the GVWR is the weight of the vehicle plus the maximum payload, which includes the driver. The 2500 is less but if I remember right was near 8000 lbs, not sure.

All the 3500 say 9990 which less than 10001 threshold buddy. I see mostly 1500 and 2500 on the road anyway.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Or maybe you should learn the laws and realize there are plenty of loopholes. Since you're obviously talking out of your ass.

Talking out of your ass is exclusively reserved for FedEx management. Cease and desist, or Legal will have your ass in a sling, and then you won't be able to talk out of yours like you are right now.

bbsam

Staff member

A loophole like at any given time I may have to take a P1200 out to my driver in a 2500 so he can finish the day?

bbsam

Staff member
All the 3500 say 9990 which less than 10001 threshold buddy. I see mostly 1500 and 2500 on the road anyway.

But each of my drivers is licensed to and could at any time be required to operate a vehicle over 16001 pounds in the state of Illinois.