Random Facts

moreluck

golden ticket member
9033866f86476d43bac6f63be98c42b6.jpg

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I have always said that while it is nice to hear positive things about your children I preferred hearing what someone said about them when they didn't know that I could hear them.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Krispy Kreme wants to give you a free doughnut on Friday for National Doughnut Day (June 5).
You don't need a coupon - just show up and ask for one.
These freebies are usually only good for the glazed doughnuts.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Our cable company (Cox cable) is going digital and in order to keep your cable you HAVE to get the boxes....one for every TV you own.
I have 4. Been trying to keep my cable bill steady, but it has been rising over the years....with no additional service provided.
I have lots of shows I record and watch the next day.....when you go to bed at primetime, it's the only option.
I have 5 dvd machines to handle all the recordings . Once Cox goes digital in August, these machines will not be able to be used. Recording capabilities can only occur with the machine that Cox provides (at a price).
My bill will increase and I'm just going to have to look at the extra expense as an entertainment cost. I don't do theaters, so that's my way to accept the change and have my 'system' upset.
Cox is a monopoly here. They have the best internet service.
So, I've got my 4 boxes, and have ordered the Cox machine that will record my shows.
Just venting and I don't like change.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Why in the world would anyone need 4 DVR's?

I may be wrong but I am pretty sure that you can watch a show that you have recorded on your DVR on any TV in your house that has a cable box. You may want to call Cox to see if this is an option; if it is not, and you are serious about trying to save money, why not just put the box w/DVR on the TV that you use the most often?

Charter charges for the first box and either $5 or 10 (per month) for each additional box----DVR's are extra.

You are right in that the prices they charge are quickly becoming outrageous. I spend $137/month for cable and internet and that is without any premium channels.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Why in the world would anyone need 4 DVR's?

I may be wrong but I am pretty sure that you can watch a show that you have recorded on your DVR on any TV in your house that has a cable box. You may want to call Cox to see if this is an option; if it is not, and you are serious about trying to save money, why not just put the box w/DVR on the TV that you use the most often?

Charter charges for the first box and either $5 or 10 (per month) for each additional box----DVR's are extra.

You are right in that the prices they charge are quickly becoming outrageous. I spend $137/month for cable and internet and that is without any premium channels.

oldngray

nowhere special
I have Time Warner and wish I could buy my cable box instead of being forced to rent theirs. I did buy my own cable modem that paid for itself in less than a year. I could use any DVR but it would still need to go through one of their cable boxes first.