Random Facts

moreluck

golden ticket member
Why in the world would anyone need 4 DVR's?

I may be wrong but I am pretty sure that you can watch a show that you have recorded on your DVR on any TV in your house that has a cable box. You may want to call Cox to see if this is an option; if it is not, and you are serious about trying to save money, why not just put the box w/DVR on the TV that you use the most often?

Charter charges for the first box and either $5 or 10 (per month) for each additional box----DVR's are extra.

You are right in that the prices they charge are quickly becoming outrageous. I spend $137/month for cable and internet and that is without any premium channels.
On any TV that has a cable box???? I just now got cable boxes........haven't had them since I've been with COX (1991)
There is no easy answer, but the problem is recording 8-10 shows on some nights at the same times. Multiple machines were the only answer.
Hubby has been on the phone with Cox for days now and a rep is coming on Friday. The secret is to talk to the Loyalty Dept and not the Customer Service dept. They are making bill adjustments for us .

moreluck

golden ticket member
I have Time Warner and wish I could buy my cable box instead of being forced to rent theirs. I did buy my own cable modem that paid for itself in less than a year. I could use any DVR but it would still need to go through one of their cable boxes first.
TWC advertises here, but are not available to my area.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

On any TV that has a cable box???? I just now got cable boxes........haven't had them since I've been with COX (1991)
There is no easy answer, but the problem is recording 8-10 shows on some nights at the same times. Multiple machines were the only answer.
Hubby has been on the phone with Cox for days now and a rep is coming on Friday. The secret is to talk to the Loyalty Dept and not the Customer Service dept. They are making bill adjustments for us .

You live in the most beautiful part of the country---turn off the TV(s) and go outside!

moreluck

golden ticket member
As an old Bell employee I will never give up the AT&T landline.....unless they go out of business.
I'm on the old AT&T long distance plan of 7 cents a minute. I never make a long distance call.......I use the excuse that it's 7 cents a min. and my people call me instead. They all have cellphones with unlimited minutes......I don't. My phone bill runs about $20 a month. Less expensive than theirs.

BSWALKS

Fugitive From Reality
I have no landline now. My house was wired for 2 landlines at one time but not currently in use.
Some new residential construction in my area, including single & multi family, is not even being wired for landlines.
We still have 1 landline at my house, as part of the Comcast "bundle". That phone doesn't ring unless it's a telemarketer.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Did you hear about the lady that got killed by a lion in one of those 'drive yourself through game preserves'?

The lion attacked her through the open window. You had your window open ??????????? Dummy!!

oldngray

nowhere special
too_true_15.jpg