REAL CLEAR POLITICS..... polls and tracking!

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
I tend to agree with the article but look at the names of the polling organization.
Also, if you look at the polling recipes of these organizations, they are assuming that Democrats will turn out at 4 - 6% higher than Democrat voters did in 2008.
I have never understood that assumption and if Romney does actually win, that assumption is why the pollsters will have been wrong.
Rasmussan is one of the few pollsters assuming the Democrat turnout will be only 1% greater than in 2008.

It will be interesting in the week after the election how the assumptions that the pollsters made affected their projections.
I agree with that. The point that Silver is making is correct, ie, that for Romney to win at this point most of the polls have to be not just wrong, but historically wrong. All of these polling companies will have to do worse than they have ever done in the past. Collectively. He doesn't deny that that's possible, he just thinks that scenario only has about 16% chance of being right. I think it will probably be close, but I think Obama has a better chance of breaking 300 than Romney does.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I think it will probably be close, but I think Obama has a better chance of breaking 300 than Romney does.

I think Obama does have a better chance at breaking 300 but I think there is little chance of either one breaking 300.

PS - Don't bother asking, I'm not going to bet with you. :knockedout:

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Not looking good for the Achievers in America.
It really is easier to be a Moocher than an Achiever.
Hoax Nov 4 RCP.jpg

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Warning: I don't know any more about this than John King or Chuck Todd.
A fun exercise in futility but this is what I came up with on a state by state selection. Only after selecting the states did I look at the totals.
Essentially, if I am wrong on any one state, Obama will win.

I tried not to choose either candidate but used the criteria of the incumbent must have 48.5% and lead by 3-this is probably skewed in favor of Obama according to James Carville but I set the criteria up before I selected states.

What it looked like a week ago on October 28th.
Hoax 2012 State Map.jpg

bbsam

Staff member
Maybe the achievers should do a better job of providing opportunity and less outrageous birther crap.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

The "little guy" (Ron Paul) dropped out of the race a while ago. Obama may not be among the elite but don't think for a moment he doesn't have Super PAC's working for him. The whole system is corrupt.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
What do ME2 and NE 2 stand for? (Upper right hand corner---1 electoral vote each)

All other states have "winner takes all" but these two states have one unassigned electoral voter that can be assigned based on the Congressional District Method.

[h=3]Congressional District Method[/h] Under the Congressional District Method, the electoral votes are distributed based on the popular vote winner within each of the state’s congressional districts; the statewide popular vote winner receives two additional electoral votes.[SUP][62][/SUP]
The Congressional District Method can more easily be implemented than other alternatives to the winner-takes-all method. State legislation is sufficient to use this method.[SUP][63][/SUP] However, the Congressional District Method has its downsides. For instance, candidates might only spend time in certain battleground districts instead of the entire state and cases of gerrymandering could become exacerbated as political parties attempt to draw as many safe districts as they can.[SUP][64][/SUP] Done nationally, it also has a distinct partisan bias based on the fact that Republicans carry far more congressional districts. The two major parties are evenly divided in the popular vote.[SUP][65][/SUP]

Electoral College (United States) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

bbsam

Staff member
The "little guy" (Ron Paul) dropped out of the race a while ago. Obama may not be among the elite but don't think for a moment he doesn't have Super PAC's working for him. The whole system is corrupt.

Good point. I do think you will see a far more effective second term out of Obama.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Good point. I do think you will see a far more effective second term out of Obama.

I don't think Obama understands how to work in a bipartisan way.

I see more of 2011 and 2012 obstruction and blocking.

If Obama is elected, it will be an interesting 4 years with almost nothing getting done. IMO

Catatonic

Nine Lives
It's gonna be just like that 2016 movie.

Not familiar with that movie ... I do remember TOS saying no one would go to see it. I believe it had very high numbers and was considered a "smash" hit.

I have not been to a movie theater in over 20 years. It was Ghostbusters I believe.

I refuse to support the industry.

My daughter and her husband makes up for me though ... many times over.

Found this:
2016 Obama's America takes audiences on a gripping visual journey into the heart of the world’s most powerful office to reveal the struggle of whether one man's past will redefine America over the next four years. The film examines the question, "If Obama wins a second term, where will we be in 2016?"
Across the globe and in America, people in 2008 hungered for a leader who would unite and lift us from economic turmoil and war. True to America’s ideals, they invested their hope in a new kind of president, Barack Obama. What they didn't know is that Obama is a man with a past, and in powerful ways that past defines him--who he is, how he thinks, and where he intends to take America and the world.
Immersed in exotic locales across four continents, best selling author Dinesh D’Souza races against time to find answers to Obama’s past and reveal where America will be in 2016. During this journey he discovers how Hope and Change became radically misunderstood, and identifies new flashpoints for hot wars in mankind’s greatest struggle. The journey moves quickly over the arc of the old colonial empires, into America’s empire of liberty, and we see the unfolding realignment of nations and the shape of the global future.
Emotionally engaging, 2016 Obama’s America will make you confounded and cheer as you discover the mysteries and answers to your greatest aspirations and worst fears.
Love him or hate him, you don’t know him.

I can't find anything about what it "projects" ... anybody care to outline the results of Obama being Pres for another 4 years?

Last edited:

over9five

Staff member

I don't think Obama understands how to work in a bipartisan way.

I see more of 2011 and 2012 obstruction and blocking.

If Obama is elected, it will be an interesting 4 years with almost nothing getting done. IMO

I agree with Hoax. Bbsam, why do you think he'll be more effective? In what way?

moreluck

golden ticket member
Not familiar with that movie ... I do remember TOS saying no one would go to see it. I believe it had very high numbers and was considered a "smash" hit.

I have not been to a movie theater in over 20 years. It was Ghostbusters I believe.

I refuse to support the industry.

My daughter and her husband makes up for me though ... many times over.

Found this:
2016 Obama's America takes audiences on a gripping visual journey into the heart of the world’s most powerful office to reveal the struggle of whether one man's past will redefine America over the next four years. The film examines the question, "If Obama wins a second term, where will we be in 2016?"
Across the globe and in America, people in 2008 hungered for a leader who would unite and lift us from economic turmoil and war. True to America’s ideals, they invested their hope in a new kind of president, Barack Obama. What they didn't know is that Obama is a man with a past, and in powerful ways that past defines him--who he is, how he thinks, and where he intends to take America and the world.
Immersed in exotic locales across four continents, best selling author Dinesh D’Souza races against time to find answers to Obama’s past and reveal where America will be in 2016. During this journey he discovers how Hope and Change became radically misunderstood, and identifies new flashpoints for hot wars in mankind’s greatest struggle. The journey moves quickly over the arc of the old colonial empires, into America’s empire of liberty, and we see the unfolding realignment of nations and the shape of the global future.
Emotionally engaging, 2016 Obama’s America will make you confounded and cheer as you discover the mysteries and answers to your greatest aspirations and worst fears.
Love him or hate him, you don’t know him.

I can't find anything about what it "projects" ... anybody care to outline the results of Obama being Pres for another 4 years?

The movie just shows you what Obama's plan is for the next 4 years and how he has set things into place now to carry out his plan for the next 4 years.
The plan is his father's plan. It all stinks!!

Catatonic

Nine Lives
The movie just shows you what Obama's plan is for the next 4 years and how he has set things into place now to carry out his plan for the next 4 years.
The plan is his father's plan. It all stinks!!

Thanks, now I have a much better understanding of this movie's predictions.