Recent full time inside job posting

champboston

There was recently a bid posted in my hub for 3 new full time inside positions, but in red marker somebody wrote ** Only full time employees can sign bid, no part-time employees can sign bid**. How are any of the pt employees, some with 15 years seniority supposed to get full time inside if they can't even sign the bid.? Has anyone else ever seen anything like this??

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Yes that is the protocol in New England. What happens is, when a FT abandons a job, it must be filled. This happens three times, and after the 3rd bump, that job should go to PT's or 6:1.

The local union makes all kinds of deals with UPS to get the hub jobs, instead of the smaller buildings, so I wouldn't hold your breath waiting for one if you aren't in the hub.

Newly-created FT jobs go to PT's. Your best bet is keeping in touch with the union and even going to the hub to see the postings....you won't find those postings in your building.

FWIW, in our building, there have been around a dozen or so 22.3 jobs go to PT's in the past year or so.

champboston

Ya, I've been pt for 14 years and finally 3 22.2 jobs opened up, but they wouldn't even let me sign the bid. Only employees that were already full time employees were eligible to sign. I don't know. Doesn't make sense to me.

By The Book

Ya, I've been pt for 14 years and finally 3 22.2 jobs opened up, but they wouldn't even let me sign the bid. Only employees that were already full time employees were eligible to sign. I don't know. Doesn't make sense to me.
Sign the bid anyway, and put whatever info is required.

PT Car Washer

Ours here say all eligible full time employees. However if no full timer were to bid it. It would go to the highest part timer to bid it.
This is the way are 22.3 bid sheets read. Eligible means 22.3 are accepted first than all other FT employees. If no FT signs the job will go the highest PTer. Almost all of our Art 22.3 jobs are terrible.

hyena

image.jpg

Dr.Brownz

They are full time employees and have more rights than you. You can take whatever FT job is left open by them moving

Overpaid Union Thug

Yes that is the protocol in New England. What happens is, when a FT abandons a job, it must be filled. This happens three times, and after the 3rd bump, that job should go to PT's or 6:1.

The local union makes all kinds of deals with UPS to get the hub jobs, instead of the smaller buildings, so I wouldn't hold your breath waiting for one if you aren't in the hub.

Newly-created FT jobs go to PT's. Your best bet is keeping in touch with the union and even going to the hub to see the postings....you won't find those postings in your building.

FWIW, in our building, there have been around a dozen or so 22.3 jobs go to PT's in the past year or so.
This is yet another example of how some locals screw the smaller guys. Extended centers shouldn't be left out of the opportunity to have 22.3s. We had a 22.3 posted a while back but it was taken down at the last minute and we were told that it was moved to another building. Well, it was the hub.

Our building has less 22.3s than any other building our size. We've got plenty of work to have more 22.3s but we can't because the hub gets them instead. We also have plenty of work to have another feeder run but it goes to the hub too. In these situations those locals are taking the dues of the extended centers and using it against them in favor of the hubs. Shame on them.