Religion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
MzAyPQG.jpg

trickpony1

Is it because the parents are reasonably sure the children they just dressed up don't have explosive vests and/or AK 47's under the garb and don't know how to commandeer passenger jets?

10 point

It seems the problem of child sex abuse is not just limited to the Catholic Church and the grandson of Billy Graham is trying to push the problem out into the open. The idea being to confront the problem in order to save the Protestant Church from itself.

By Grace Alone

As sex-abuse allegations multiply, Billy Graham’s grandson is on a mission to 
persuade Protestant churches to come clean.
Can I interject this one assertion?

"The Church" and it's teachings are not to blame.
The people responsible for adhering to and overseeing it are responsible and it seems that the core of our society is quickly sinking in the realm of sexual abuse and exploitation.

It's very disturbing.

bbsam

Staff member
Is it because the parents are reasonably sure the children they just dressed up don't have explosive vests and/or AK 47's under the garb and don't know how to commandeer passenger jets?
The Romans of the day wouldn't have been so sure that the descendants of David didn't present a terrorist threat. You know, a dagger in the back, a poisoning of the wine...

trickpony1

The Romans of the day wouldn't have been so sure that the descendants of David didn't present a terrorist threat. You know, a dagger in the back, a poisoning of the wine...

I know it's difficult but let's try to stay in the "here and now".....not the Romans, not the caveman, not the early colonial settlers, not the one cell creatures that some of you think evolved into man.

I know it's difficult but let's try it!

bbsam

Staff member
I know it's difficult but let's try to stay in the "here and now".....not the Romans, not the caveman, not the early colonial settlers, not the one cell creatures that some of you think evolved into man.

I know it's difficult but let's try it!
Juxtaposition. We are the Romans. Try, just a little bit, to see history and to understand that there is nothing today that hasn't always been.

I know it's hard, but try.

rickyb

they talk about the origins of religion here. i dont view religion as a bad or good thing, just depends on the way its used. this guy was george lucas mentor, filmed at skywalker ranch.

Status
Not open for further replies.