Status
Not open for further replies.

newfie

The threat posed by Libertarianism

The Libertarian Threat to Human Liberty

And you should give Alan Wolfe full credit,

Why libertarianism is closer to Stalinism than you think

Keep going Newfie!

Oh, and you do know that Dr. Wolfe is an atheist who brings muslim scholars to the US don't you?

I think its always important when discussing the evils of religion to point out that we all have our religions even the atheist.

Atheists often complain about having religious views shoved down their throats yet some of the most vehement witnesses of their religions or belief systems to me have been those same atheists.

wkmac

Lotsa angry libertarians in the comment section of that Alan Wolfe article...

Lotsa angry people everywhere that I see.

But then this is what happens when you take a philosophy and turn it into a political construct to obtain power to force others too your will. Even libertarian will.

wkmac

I think its always important when discussing the evils of religion to point out that we all have our religions even the atheist.

Depending on how one defines religion, that could well be true.

Atheists often complain about having religious views shoved down their throats yet some of the most vehement witnesses of their religions or belief systems to me have been those same atheists.

That also may well be true but I also know many atheists who are exceptions to your claim as well. I don't use Westboro Baptist as a measure of all Christians so............

newfie

Depending on how one defines religion, that could well be true.

That also may well be true but I also know many atheists who are exceptions to your claim as well. I don't use Westboro Baptist as a measure of all Christians so............

no trophys . there are many more atheist Christian bashers then the few nuts at westboro.

newfie

A definition of religion that includes the lack of religion would have to be so broad as to be essentially meaningless.

a definition of the definition would ignore the point of which you yourself may be an example.

Last edited:

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
You'd find a flaw in God .

God created man in his own image, so God must have also been flawed, right? How about all of those homos he created, and the Hitlers, and Stalins, and folks that have horrible deformities or mental issues? The Bible constantly contradicts itself too, so I guess it's a flawed document. Hmmm.

upschuck

God created man in his own image, so God must have also been flawed, right? How about all of those homos he created, and the Hitlers, and Stalins, and folks that have horrible deformities or mental issues? The Bible constantly contradicts itself too, so I guess it's a flawed document. Hmmm.
Bad logic

upschuck

Really. How? God has created a lot of imperfection and the Bible is full of conflicting or just plain wrong information.
To put it simply, God created people with free will, instead of robots. That free will has caused the imperfections in society today.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
To put it simply, God created people with free will, instead of robots. That free will has caused the imperfections in society today.

I think these images prove there is NO GOD.

hqdefault.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

article-2060030-0EBC25F400000578-685_468x366.jpg

A Real "GOD" wouldnt have allowed stuff like this to happen.

TOS.

upschuck

A Real "GOD" wouldnt have allowed stuff like this to happen.
If there were no tragedies, then we'd all be dead now (overpopulation), which would be a tragedy in itself.

This is in response to the general question of tragedies, and not this specific case.

He is more than a loving God, but a just one, as well.

upschuck

So in other words, God has created human beings as one giant science experiment?
Nope, he'd rather have a few authentic people, than a bunch of robots with no choice in the matter.

All I have to say, is one day we will all know the truth. Hope it is not too late for you.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Nope, he'd rather have a few authentic people, than a bunch of robots with no choice in the matter.

All I have to say, is one day we will all know the truth. Hope it is not too late for you.

"WE" already know the truth, and its too bad you will wait till the day you die to find out you followed a myth. Thank you, but ill live my life not worrying about space camp or a space camp god waiting for me.

TOS.

upschuck

"WE" already know the truth, and its too bad you will wait till the day you die to find out you followed a myth. Thank you, but ill live my life not worrying about space camp or a space camp god waiting for me.

TOS.
Why such animosity? You don't believe there is one, I do.

Status
Not open for further replies.