Repeat of 2013 peak?

35years

Gravy route
Running out of hours isn't as cool as you think. Just gets you any warm body they can find from management who can drive the truck. I had the same thoughts last year. "Oh sweet, I only have 7.5 hours for Friday! Whoohoo!" center manager met me and took over. The only "cool" part was he seemed super interested in me not leaving the truck. Can only assume it was because if I got injured while being out of hours it would look super bad. So I rode jump, barked directions, and just chilled on the truck while he delivered. But he was all by the book. So with misloads and run backs, we still pulled a 14+ hour day.
What are the official rules regarding working you after you run out of DOT hours?
Can they make you work as a helper?
Do you need to be on property, or can you go out?
Anyone know the actual law or contractual agreement?
What if I have 8 hours left on Friday?
Don't I have the right to pull my own route until out of hours?

35years

Gravy route
Come on Slave use that seniority dude, freak that rental, id have to whoop somebody asczz if they did that to my over 40 year old asczz lol.
And if they told me to jump as a helper after my 60 they would get more work out of a food stamp collecting fatass bum.

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less
Serious question. What are the chances ups tries to hire some more people after this week?

There's a seasonal from another shift that keeps working double shifts on my sort. She would run downstairs and disappear literally every 45 minutes. Several of us were guessing that she had a drug problem until one of our female coworkers ran into her fixing her makeup when she went to the can.

TL;DR They could hire 50,000 more people and it wouldn't do any good.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Easy excuse for the over allowed. ;)
200DCJVJIQY.gif

Box Ox

Serious question. What are the chances ups tries to hire some more people after this week?

Helpers, maybe. Drop a new temp driver or loader straight into this mess and they'll go right back out the door. Haven't gotten a chance to learn how to keep their head on straight when things get really bad. Already seeing it. Usually not their fault.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Helpers, maybe. Drop a new temp driver or loader straight into this mess and they'll go right back out the door. Haven't gotten a chance to learn how to keep their head on straight when things get really bad. Already seeing it. Usually not their fault.
Oh i never said it work lol.

Just that the company may say oh no and try and throw some money at the problem.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Maybe last peak you could have got away with throwing a temp driver into the fire, but no way in hell this peak. I can already tell where this peak is going, could care less about the customer this year. 4th quarter numbers last year hurt the shareholders, their back with vengeance this peak lol.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Maybe last peak you could have got away with throwing a temp driver into the fire, but no way in hell this peak. I can already tell where this peak is going, could care less about the customer this year. 4th quarter numbers last year hurt the shareholders, their back with vengeance this peak lol.
Sounds like about 10k in my pocket

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less

Spot on. I've been getting into pissing matches already this week over bull:censored2: that would have never been an issue in the past.