Repeat of 2013 peak?

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I got a helper today, I dont know why, it does no good, there is nothing tight. First day, and he was a runner. Although I didnt let him run, he was fast, he only had to be told something once, he got it. I didnt have a helper board, no one even told me I was getting one til 1100 am, they told me keep him a couple hours, they told him 4 to 5, I called for confirmation. No one could make a decision, just told me do whatever I want. Leadership at its best.

10 point

In all your years in management did you ever imagine we would be missing the same stops day after day after day? Hundreds, sometimes thousands of stops left in bldg and hundreds brought back as missed. Atlanta better wake up or we will become known as a second rate delivery outfit. There are better ways to increase margins.
Peak "planning" results sounds like the whole country implemented Orion at the same time.

Last edited:

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I got a helper today, I dont know why, it does no good, there is nothing tight. First day, and he was a runner. Although I didnt let him run, he was fast, he only had to be told something once, he got it. I didnt have a helper board, no one even told me I was getting one til 1100 am, they told me keep him a couple hours, they told him 4 to 5, I called for confirmation. No one could make a decision, just told me do whatever I want. Leadership at its best.

How long have you worked here? I swear it seems at times like you really don't have a clue.

ups1990

Do the math. The week starts on Sunday. We have that Friday (25th) off. We will be working on the 20th.
Never gave the possibility of working the 20th a thought. We know that the work week for UPS ends Saturday. Pre- load has Sunday night start times and on occasion a Sunday evening, so it'll be interesting to see how all of this plays out.
With us now working on Black Friday, it has opened up a can of worms for when drivers can be called into work.

clean hairy

Interesting.
You being told to make the executive decision!

Overpaid Union Thug

My helper, who I promise is needed even less than yours, is practically a mute. So the long gaps between stops is rather boring. But I did instruct him to make sure he walks at a brisk pace and to stay off peoples lawns as much as possible and he's complying.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Do whatever you wAnt..lol well after all these years you finally broke them down tooner;)

Coldworld

60 months and counting
My helper, who I promise is needed even less than yours, is practically a mute. So the long gaps between stops is rather boring. But I did instruct him to make sure he walks at a brisk pace and to stay off peoples lawns as much as possible and he's complying.
Did you test him on what side of the street the odds were on and what side of the street the evens were on like what upstate does

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
We have a door on the end of the building. But we have a doghouse on it, rendering the door at the end of the dog house unusuable.
Ok but I'm assuming you have trucks parked in the building? And overhead doors must be opened for those trucks to leave in the morning?

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Ok but I'm assuming you have trucks parked in the building? And overhead doors must be opened for those trucks to leave in the morning?
Yeah. But all the spots are filled. It's jam packed. We're working on a plan to load up cars in a random spot in the parking lot. It's been fun.

Brownslave688

Yeah. But all the spots are filled. It's jam packed. We're working on a plan to load up cars in a random spot in the parking lot. It's been fun.
Yeah we move one car out of the way in the building then run rollers outside where they can load more cars. It's a total cluster but they load more cars that way.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Yeah we move one car out of the way in the building then run rollers outside where they can load more cars. It's a total cluster but they load more cars that way.
We only have the ability to do that in one small spot in the corner of the building, which we do. The other side is all 1000 cubes and 26 foot rentals which are about a half inch from touching the overhead doors, so it's a no go.

Brownslave688

We only have the ability to do that in one small spot in the corner of the building, which we do. The other side is all 1000 cubes and 26 foot rentals which are about a half inch from touching the overhead doors, so it's a no go.
We've been known to just leave the doors open and load the trucks outside.

Freezes preload out. Lmao