Restructuring - The good, bad and ugly.

Dragon

Package Center Manager
Why continue responding to someone who is dead wrong and will never get it?

Hubrat, I have been reading your posts and I even apologized to you in one of my reply's, however tieguy got it right in his last reply to you. He totally gets it.

hubrat

Squeaky Wheel
Hubrat, I have been reading your posts and I even apologized to you in one of my reply's, however tieguy got it right in his last reply to you. He totally gets it.

I gave you some very specific points which you chose to avoid by answering with general terms and liberal buzzwords.

I will occasionally challenge someone like yourself who is so highly critical of the company or as in your case corporations in general. What I often find is those posters do not hold up well under the same type of scrutiny that they try to apply to others.

When you use terminology like reactive in response it means you have basically curled up in the fetal position in defense. If you have an opinion that comes from you and not some propagandists buzzword board then by all means please share it.

Your commentary in general is typical of many here. You think you have somehow earned the right to dictate the terms of your labor in addition to being paid the best in the industry.
You chose this job in fact if you were a hubrat now turned driver then at some point you signed your name on the line several times knowing full well that we would probably work you harder then you have ever worked and knowing full well that we would try to squeeze everything out of you that you have to give and more.

As a hubrat no one propped you up in an office and promised they would never ever demand anything of you again. You kept coming back for more and now at some point you have become captive labor and think you should be able to change the rules of the game.

You're dissatisfied because you were lured by the money and chose to turn a blind eye to what you had to endure to earn that money.

So now at some point as captive labor , captured by the pay and benifits you can not get elsewhere you now want to badmouth the company you sold your soul to long ago.

what am I missing?

Wrong! Your statements show you're more ignorant than he is.

You're either a troll or just an ignoramus that's offended b/c an hourly female is clearly more intelligent than you!

Catatonic

Nine Lives

You're either a troll or just an ignoramus that's offended b/c an hourly female is clearly more intelligent than you!

And to think, you started out last week with logic and well composed arguments. I know you can do better.
Sometimes it's better to not post if you don't feel up to the task. :wink2:

hubrat

Squeaky Wheel
And to think, you started out last week with logic and well composed arguments. I know you can do better.
Sometimes it's better to not post if you don't feel up to the task. :wink2:

Dear Dragon/Hoaxter,
This thread had not been responded to in quite some time. Your inciting remarks are not typical of the intelligent gentleman I thought you were. I take enough harassment from ups management at work. Quit trolling.

Buddybrown

Dear Dragon/Hoaxter,
This thread had not been responded to in quite some time. Your inciting remarks are not typical of the intelligent gentleman I thought you were. I take enough harassment from ups management at work. Quit trolling.

[/COLOR]

Who's the one doing the harassing, I'm confused! Can anyone say hypocrite!:)

hubrat

Squeaky Wheel
Careful or you'll be next on the hit-list you old creep.

Lemme guess, he's management too? Lmao that y'all all get your panties wadded up by my comments. Glad to know you're always right and always make intelligent remarks. Hoaxster=>god

hubrat

Squeaky Wheel
A sense of humor helps sometimes.

Sure does. Back to the o.p.:

The Americans and the Japanese decided to engage in a competitive boat race. Both teams practiced hard and long to reach their peak performance. On the big day they felt ready.

The Japanese won by a mile. Afterward, the American team was discouraged by the loss. Morale sagged. Corporate management decided that the reason for the crushing defeat had to be found, so a consulting firm was hired to investigate the problem and recommended corrective action.

The consultant's finding: The Japanese team had eight people rowing and one person steering; the American team had one person rowing and eight people steering.

After a year of study and millions spent analyzing the problem, the consultant firm concluded that too many people were steering and not enough were rowing on the American team.

So as race day neared again the following year, the American team's management structure was completely reorganized. The new structure: four steering managers, three area steering managers and a new performance review system for the person rowing the boat to provide work incentive.

The next year, the Japanese won by two miles. Humiliated, the American corporation laid off the rower for poor performance and gave the managers a bonus for discovering the problem....

DS

Fenderbender
Hubrat ,try not to take things so personal eh?
Hoax just has a sarcastic sense of humor,and tieguy
likes to discuss things.I was the one that suggested to Cheryl
that hoax would make a good mod,and he's exceeded expectations.
We all can't be expected to love each other.
I'm wondering if China beat the Japanese in that race.
9 rowers and a GPS.

hubrat

Squeaky Wheel
folks this looks like the the end of the 4th Qtr and it does not go into overtime..... last one out please turn off the lights in the stadium.

Not that it's worth any more of my energy, tie was clearly referring to his own feelings of enslavement in his post. That clearly struck a chord with you as well. I am truly sorry y'all regret your career choices so deeply.

As I've stated before, I enjoy my job for the most part. I am a paid athlete. I get to breath fresh air. My job, more often than not, gives me a RUSH. And I get to see doggies all day long <3.

If I tire of this, I will move on.

U R stuck, not me!
:cool_dog:

FracusBrown

Ponies and Planes
Sure does. Back to the o.p.:

The Americans and the Japanese decided to engage in a competitive boat race. Both teams practiced hard and long to reach their peak performance. On the big day they felt ready.

The Japanese won by a mile. Afterward, the American team was discouraged by the loss. Morale sagged. Corporate management decided that the reason for the crushing defeat had to be found, so a consulting firm was hired to investigate the problem and recommended corrective action.

The consultant's finding: The Japanese team had eight people rowing and one person steering; the American team had one person rowing and eight people steering.

After a year of study and millions spent analyzing the problem, the consultant firm concluded that too many people were steering and not enough were rowing on the American team.

So as race day neared again the following year, the American team's management structure was completely reorganized. The new structure: four steering managers, three area steering managers and a new performance review system for the person rowing the boat to provide work incentive.

The next year, the Japanese won by two miles. Humiliated, the American corporation laid off the rower for poor performance and gave the managers a bonus for discovering the problem....

I wonder how the dumb olé Americans manage to produce 50% more GDP per capita than the wiser Japanese rowers. $45k vs $32k

In real life the Americans would put a motor on the boat and spend the day drinking beer.

tieguy

Banned
Not that it's worth any more of my energy, tie was clearly referring to his own feelings of enslavement in his post. That clearly struck a chord with you as well. I am truly sorry y'all regret your career choices so deeply.

As I've stated before, I enjoy my job for the most part. I am a paid athlete. I get to breath fresh air. My job, more often than not, gives me a RUSH. And I get to see doggies all day long <3.

If I tire of this, I will move on.

U R stuck, not me!
:cool_dog:

you're commentary does seem to indicate someone who is very unhappy at their job. If you continue working a job you are very unhappy with then it would seem to indicate that you are enslaved by it.

your constant comentary on enslavement and your posts that seem to make references to the big corporation victimizing and harrassing the workers seems to indicate feelings of paranoia and inferiority.

And lastly your row boat example is meant to make the point that too many leaders and not enough workers can be counterproductive. It does not however negate the point that a leader is needed in that row boat to ensure that all are rowing together as a team. In that example does the leader simply yell row and hope for the best or should he ensure that all rowers are working together?
Does that leader now become the harrasser if he corrects a rower who is not working in sync with the rest of the team?

These are my thoughts from my perspective on the opposite side of your fence.