Retire from FedEx?

bbsam

Staff member
Operationally, it makes a lot more sense to spot two 53-footers and then pick them up when they're full, so I can see the TM's point of view. You can either shuttle a walk-in vehicle back and forth 20 times, or have a couple of tractors just hook-up and go. While you're making your "ass-load" of money, maybe he just wants to get it back to the building and on the belt.

However, if the TM does this, isn't FedEx (the corporation) directing you (the contractor) on how to run something that is supposedly your (bbsam's) business? Once again, the corporation is interfering with an "independent" businessperson, just as they attempt to motivate and discipline non-employees.

And that's exactly why the TM had to back down. I gave him the option; either find a way to pay me for what would be picked up on trailers, or back off and leave it to me. By contract I have that right regardless of his preference.

FedExer267

Kudos to you bbsam, you see I work for the average contractor who would put that on his employees after they are done with their route. So he would expect us all to work all night getting all of those 9000 pieces so he would make more money and we would get nothing in return. Just longer hours and less pay for that day. Well if you do the math

bbsam

Staff member
BbSCAM you seem to believe that we all are idiots on this board. Apparently you work out of the only Ground building where employees are not only treated fairly, but also are fairly compensated. Well good luck in your fantasy land and by the way sorry to disappoint you but Bed Bath & Beyond seems to love UPS cause I deliver their stuff all the time and according to their website they ship through us as well as the USPS.

I know that in BbSCAMville all things are FedEx Ground and the rest of us can only bow to you and your never ending wisdom. With that said I would bet a weeks check that you are as bogus as your beloved Ground scam.
Could be. I was talking about inbound to BBandB. It's all got to be shipped to them somehow and some of it comes from here.