RETIRED!

rod

Retired 22 years
The retirees made the Union what it was for part-timers.
The current drivers are making it what it is for retirees and part-timers.

Not so-----the part-timer basically got what they put into it-----Nothing. (yes I know there are a few part-timers are involved but they are the exception). At one time feeder drivers were more organized than package drivers--- that's why they have air conditioners in their rigs and package cars don't. The squeaky wheel gets the grease. Considering the majority of feeders are running at night when its cool---they were really organized.

The retirees made the Union what it was for part-timers.
The current drivers are making it what it is for retirees and part-timers.
At one time, the part timers did care. It used to be a good job. Then it changed.

Now very few care,including the union. Everyone will take the nickel today and lose a dollar tomorrow.

Times have changed,not for the better.
Glad I am in the 4th quarter, not the first.

Jmho

clean hairy

Of course, the Package car Retirees who get bored could work 1 or 2 evenings a week delivering Pizzas to the Customers in their old delivery area.
Show up the young kids who think they are hot stuff at Pizza Delivery!
AND, as a bonus, you get away from the wife a couple evenings a week!

Z

ZQXC

I plan to drive one of those county transit vans that carry (really) old people to doctors appointments and the grocery store. Once I get my stops lined up, I'll be slinging those old geezers all over the back of that van. Y'all better grab something and hold on.....

rod

Retired 22 years
Of course, the Package car Retirees who get bored could work 1 or 2 evenings a week delivering Pizzas to the Customers in their old delivery area.
Show up the young kids who think they are hot stuff at Pizza Delivery!
AND, as a bonus, you get away from the wife a couple evenings a week!

I've got a better idea---I would get the wife the pizza delivery job.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
I plan to drive one of those county transit vans that carry (really) old people to doctors appointments and the grocery store. Once I get my stops lined up, I'll be slinging those old geezers all over the back of that van. Y'all better grab something and hold on.....
you could get lucky with some of the widows.

rod

Retired 22 years

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
just wondering. what are your plans now? travel? work your own business? volunteer? always curious about what people do in retirement. might give me some good ideas as I can go out anytime I want to.

Got offered a school bus driver job on the spot my last day, but I can't imagine ever doing that. I'd have to be pretty hungry. First thing I'm gonna enjoy just being st home, I love being at home. Gardening, some repair work on our house and tinkering on our travel trailer. My "job" if you can call it that is now writing, which I enjoy. Planning on at least one book a year, all fiction, unless I release my tell all UPS notes :-D
We both love travel, considering the Painted Desert this fall when all the families have done their summer trips and the parks have more spaces to park in.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Got offered a school bus driver job on the spot my last day, but I can't imagine ever doing that. I'd have to be pretty hungry. First thing I'm gonna enjoy just being st home, I love being at home. Gardening, some repair work on our house and tinkering on our travel trailer. My "job" if you can call it that is now writing, which I enjoy. Planning on at least one book a year, all fiction, unless I release my tell all UPS notes :-D
We both love travel, considering the Painted Desert this fall when all the families have done their summer trips and the parks have more spaces to park in.

Our former on-car is now a substitute bus driver who works only when he wants to.

rod

Retired 22 years

Back when you were allowed to disapline the kids it might have been a good job but not now. Them buggers haven't any respect for anything anymore.