Retirement Getting Closer

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
I wasnt excited until receiving the first pension check.
Figured the Teamsters would screw that up.....but they didnt.

No one knew I had left for months. Never wanted to make a big deal out of it like most do
with the parties, cake, attention , etc.
No one cared either, more than likely

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
It's over before ya know it. One more reason to retire as early as possible.
aint that the truth. could never understand why people stay longer or some never retire.

we had a guy that had amassed over $5 million in his total investments and was STILL afraid to retire.

he retired and 6 months later drank himself to death.

quad decade guy

aint that the truth. could never understand why people stay longer or some never retire.

we had a guy that had amassed over $5 million in his total investments and was STILL afraid to retire.

he retired and 6 months later drank himself to death.
Perhaps you don't walk in their shoes......

Some have parents they take care of.....perhaps a sick wife.

Just because a certain number comes up on the calendar.....your life doesn't automatically change.

I wouldn't be some of the folks on BC for that 5 million dollars....matter of fact....I'd drink myself to death too.

UnionStrong

Perhaps you don't walk in their shoes......

Some have parents they take care of.....perhaps a sick wife.

Just because a certain number comes up on the calendar.....your life doesn't automatically change.

I wouldn't be some of the folks on BC for that 5 million dollars....matter of fact....I'd drink myself to death too.
Good idea

Darmark7

Retired 2020. Not my Problem Anymore!
For me as retirement got closer and closer the more I didn’t give a dam. I would know exactly how many days I had left till the last day and loved counting them down. I had 25 days left and a supervisor came up to me about telematics. I just looked at him with that I don’t give a dam look and told him “You only have 25 more days and I will be gone” he just walked away without saying anything more. I enjoy the last days as much as possible realizing that this would be my last days doing this. I told my supervisor I didn’t want any recognition or to even mention I was leaving my last day. I told the drivers around me and anyone I wanted to know. The last day driving in to work all I kept thinking was “WOW” I don’t know how many times “wow” would come to my mind but is was often. The walk out after work was great. I went and said goodby to a Lady that worked in the office that I had helped with finances at times and then slipped out without even seeing a supervisor. The walk out of the building was such a great and different feeling. The drive away from the building was even greater.
Enjoy your last days and really absorb what you have accomplished. Good Luck!
39+ yrs… 18 to 57 yrs old I spent there.

Last edited:

UnionStrong

For me as retirement got closer and closer the more I didn’t give a dam. I would know exactly how many days I had left till the last day and loved counting them down. I had 25 days left and a supervisor came up to me about telematics. I just looked at him with that I don’t give a dam look and told him “You only have 25 more days and I will be gone” he just walked away without saying anything more. I enjoy the last days as much as possible realizing that this would be my last days doing this. I told my supervisor I didn’t want any recognition or to even mention I was leaving my last day. I told the drivers around me and anyone I wanted to know. The last day driving in to work all I kept thinking was “WOW” I don’t know how many times “wow” would come to my mind but is was often. The walk out after work was great. I went and said goodby to a Lady that worked in the office that I had helped with finances at times and then slipped out without even seeing a supervisor. The walk out of the building was such a great and different feeling. The drive away from the building was even greater.
You got out alive.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
39+ yrs… 18 to 57 yrs old I spent there.
My last day I had the officers from my local come out along with my father, my wife and kids and grandkids .My oldest son drives in a neighboring building and I wanted to show him that one day this could be HIM .I had a powered speaker and played tunes like Take This Job and Shove it,Hit The Road Jack, and other songs about LEAVING. I dressed up nicely and gave my Onroad a bottle of Sparkling Wine to pop after I left lol. I had ZERO interest in speaking with the center manager or Dispatcher! We left as a group as the drivers were heading out for the day and it was the absolute BEST feeling knowing I;d never ever have to deal with the BS again

Attachments

• thumbnail (8).jpg
    thumbnail (8).jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 59