Ridiculous Hours

Meeko360

I was confronted last night by my supervisor about my hours and availability.I hired on with the understanding that I would be working 4-5 hours a night. Management was willing to work with my hours of availability. I have 6 months of service in and in that 6 months of service I have worked all kinds of hours. I work in the Next Day Air building. I have 4 children under the age of 14. My husband works 3rd shift and needs to leave for his job by 10:15 pm. I work 45 minutes away from where I live, I need to leave work by 9:30pm. I started out being an unloader, we were done by 9:30pm. An opening came up in the air building and I was asked if I was interested. I said yes and I told them what my situation was and they were willing to work with me. I have been doing this for the past 6 months, no questions asked. Last night I was confronted by my supervisor saying that I can no longer leave by this time because I am leaving before other employees with more seniority and they can file a grievance against the supervisor. Why all of a sudden has this changed? I was wondering what other people have to say about this and what are some of my options on what I can do. :dissapointed:

01focus

CHECK WITH YOUR STEWARD AND DEMAND TO SEE WHERE IT SAY IN THE CONTRACT THAT THE EMPLOYEES MUST LEAVE IN SENIORITY ORDER. IT AINT IN THERE. UNDERSTAND THAT THESE STEWARDS ARE NOT CONTRACT SAVY, JUST TRUCK DRIVERS WITH A GRUDGE AGAINST MAN. AND LOOKING FOR PAY BACK. IT'S NOT THERE BABY. FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHT!:biting: