Right to Work (for less)

Johney

Something tells me he tried to tell his driver how to do the job much like he does to us here. I could be wrong though.

AssistantSanta

Thank you Assistant, I believe this is your best post. Allen Bradley was a great company. Privately held and family owned it resembled UPS except the philosophy of the Bradleys was to not reward management with stock, only with greater paychecks. It was also a heavily unionized successful company, that had few labor issues. They made quality products and paid quality wages. What a novel concept!

Few labor issues compared to? AB had plenty of conflicts with the union and they were highly opposed to it from the beginning.

One of the highest level donor for Right to Work legal defense is the AB foundation which gives an annual donation of $75,000.

They recognized production. Some unions do not.

hembone

Something tells me he tried to tell his driver how to do the job much like he does to us here. I could be wrong though.
I can't believe it. I was on another post by him a few minutes ago and I was thinking the very same thing. The guy was a helper one peak and now he's ready to run the company.

Inthegame

Few labor issues compared to? AB had plenty of conflicts with the union and they were highly opposed to it from the beginning.

One of the highest level donor for Right to Work legal defense is the AB foundation which gives an annual donation of $75,000.

They recognized production. Some unions do not.

"Collective bargaining with our employees through a union is a new experience for the company and our employees, and it is only fair that we now all cooperate with the union." Harry Bradley's public comment May 1937.

Opposed to it from the beginning? Really, is that how National RTW is spinning it, or is that your research assistant opinion? The Bradleys were pragmatists, not modern day fascists. The Bradley Foundation is what you're refering to with donations made to RTW. These are heirs to the family fortune, not the ones who actually ran the company. But then again these are the heroes in your book. The generation that instructs the rest of us with their hard earned inherited money.

Kindly point out any union that doesn't recognize a companies right to produce. With your vast experience in the unionized workforce, that shouldn't be too tough a task.

hypocrisy

Banned
You know, I'm old and decrepit and this hole ASSt has dug himself is getting hard to climb into. Damn fool dug it right over the RTW septic tank too so it stinks something fierce.

hypocrisy

Banned
"Collective bargaining with our employees through a union is a new experience for the company and our employees, and it is only fair that we now all cooperate with the union." Harry Bradley's public comment May 1937.

Opposed to it from the beginning? Really, is that how National RTW is spinning it, or is that your research assistant opinion? The Bradleys were pragmatists, not modern day fascists. The Bradley Foundation is what you're refering to with donations made to RTW. These are heirs to the family fortune, not the ones who actually ran the company. But then again these are the heroes in your book. The generation that instructs the rest of us with their hard earned inherited money.

Kindly point out any union that doesn't recognize a companies right to produce. With your vast experience in the unionized workforce, that shouldn't be too tough a task.

And lets not forget Jim Casey invited the Teamsters in too.

Bradley and Casey were cut from a similar cloth I'm sure. Tough as nails businessmen who didn't have to make a profit by screwing their workforce like Corporations do today. I call it Capitalism with a Heart.