Safe Parking Position Form

Buck Fifty

if you need it, they will give it to you. And probably try and force you to sign it.

...and if they do try that, tell them you absolutely will not. Then they will say RTS it for me then, which you say absolutely not. Never ever sign or RTS anything. Number one rule for sure.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
The last time management gave us one of those "forms" to sign, I wrote in a bunch of caveats and never did sign it. The center manager said to me, "I should go to law school", and threw it away.

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
Does anyone have a safe park position form? Choosing the safest place to park, etc. Please post if so. Thanks

It doesn't matter. If someone backs into you, you'll carry the noose, regardless of what their stupid papers say. Luck is our best friend in this job.

Indecisi0n

This isn't a good park position:

badparking.jpg

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
It doesnt matter where you park, if you get hit they will simply say you should have parked somewhere else. Hindsight is always 20/20 and it gets even better when employed from behind a desk.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
a guy in our center had 2 hit while parked in 4 years and after the second time they kept trying to get him to agree that he picks poor parking spots. He kept refusing to say those words and they eventually ended the meeting and marked it an unavoidable accident.

Buck Fifty

a guy in our center had 2 hit while parked in 4 years and after the second time they kept trying to get him to agree that he picks poor parking spots. He kept refusing to say those words and they eventually ended the meeting and marked it an unavoidable accident.

... and so.

barnyard

KTM rider
Someone was asking about that the other day. Evidently, there are 8 questions that are asked during the investigation, if the 8 questions are answered correctly, it is unavoidable. There seemed to be a concern that if we knew the 8 questions, we would lie during an investigation.

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
Someone was asking about that the other day. Evidently, there are 8 questions that are asked during the investigation, if the 8 questions are answered correctly, it is unavoidable. There seemed to be a concern that if we knew the 8 questions, we would lie during an investigation.

Or maybe...safer?

Once again, safety gets trumped by UPS rigmarole. Typical.

JackStraw

Just wondering, has anyone been brought in the office for an infraction, lets say for arguments sake a Hit while parked. Did the center manager pull out a piece of paper that you signed and say, "Well looks like we got you, you signed this HWP form and it looks like you're no longer going to be working here"

Cementups

Box Monkey
Just wondering, has anyone been brought in the office for an infraction, lets say for arguments sake a Hit while parked. Did the center manager pull out a piece of paper that you signed and say, "Well looks like we got you, you signed this HWP form and it looks like you're no longer going to be working here"

I do know of a few ocassions where they tried to use signed forms against a driver, hence the reason I sign nothing.

JackStraw

I don't understand these forms at all. Take for instance the Driver Release form. You're not supposed to release more than 4 pkgs. at one stop. I'd like to see them bring that one up in the office. Everyone knows what the policy is on everything, why do they need it in writing?

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid

Which is why we should detatch ourselves from any concern over whether an "accident" is deemed "avoidable" or not. Charge me, dont charge me, I dont give a :censored2: either way. No termination or suspension is going to be upheld if it involves another vehicle hitting us while we are parked. This job pays well enough that it shouldnt matter to us whether or not we get some trinket from a safe driving award catalogue, or a pin with a number on it. Yes safety is important and yes I take a great deal of pride in being a safe driver, but I refuse to concern myself with the asinine and incomprehensible manner in which the company chooses to determine the so-called "avoidability" of an accident.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
I don't understand these forms at all. Take for instance the Driver Release form. You're not supposed to release more than 4 pkgs. at one stop. I'd like to see them bring that one up in the office. Everyone knows what the policy is on everything, why do they need it in writing?

I've never been trained not to release over a certain amout of packages. I regularly release piles of stuff to chronic qvcers.