Salary vs hourly

tieguy

Banned
I'm amazed too....especially when a frequent management poster seizes this opportunity to excerpt/post select quotes I have made to try and prove his point as he takes an unprovoked jab at me.

We should time stamp this post. If trick was actually attacked here unprovoked then it may very well be the first time that it was unprovoked.

IWorkAsDirected

Outa browns on 04/30/09
What's "interesting" is how you got this far in life with a preschoolers reading comprehension level. I don't think I have ever claimed that I despise my job here. I've made it clear I don't think the job is the best thing since sliced bread though (who the hell does?). I don't get how that translates to me hating my job, please fill me in? If I truly hated the job itself I would no longer be working for UPS. I never take managements problems with me out on packages or customers. I don't like the way I'm treated and I'm certainly not alone in those feelings. We have been having some real problems here after our recent local elections. The company is really testing the boundaries to see what they can get away with and nobody seems to care. I guess if you aren't a masochist you have no business working for UPS, is that it Tie? You should suggest that for the next memo or text message: "Hey if you don't thoroughly enjoy being browbeat, degraded, lied to, stolen from, intimidated or harassed -- you don't belong at UPS".

That last line is so very accurate according to my experience and after reading posts here and talking to drivers from other areas it seems to be company wide.

trickpony1

That last line is so very accurate according to my experience and after reading posts here and talking to drivers from other areas it seems to be company wide.

I agree.
The line about, "The company is really testing the boundaries to see what they can get away with and nobody seems to care" also speaks volumes. Instead of running the company by doing the "right thing" and adhering to the "integrity" they so espouse, the company will lie cheat, steal, coerce and intimidate and, when caught, will act stupid and point fingers at someone else.

We should time stamp this post. If trick was actually attacked here unprovoked then it may very well be the first time that it was unprovoked.
I reckon unprovoked jab could be the same as an attack. The system puts the time stamp on all posts. I'd be willing to bet Trick was referring to this:

tieguy
Heavily moderated

Re: Salary vs hourly
trickpony1;140188 said:
"Shouldn't we all be on the same side?".
Yes, Virginia, there really is a Santa Claus.
In 28 years, I've never seen everyone on the same side.....it's the nature of the beast.

As I have mentioned before, don't cast your pearls before swine.

.....you may have missed the point I was trying to make.
I wouldn't be surprised if she did. Looks like a quilting bee of expressions pasted together.

Yes virginia there is a santa claus

then a comment on how you have not seen everyone working togther in 28 years

then your cast pearls in front of swine line which is certainly out of context with both lines.

I see someone like yourself every now and then. they past various unrelated phrases together to try to sound educated. you could have tried to explain it to her but I don't think you can.

You are entertaining if nothing else.

Yep that does kidda sound like a jab to me.

tieguy

Banned
I reckon unprovoked jab could be the same as an attack. The system puts the time stamp on all posts. I'd be willing to bet Trick was referring to this:

tieguy
Heavily moderated

since you went through all the trouble of helping your malcontented friend out did you also notice that Trick has yet to be able to explain his point when he did this bizarre pasting?

Instead of explaining his bizarre pasting together of three unrelated expressions he then whined because I pointed it out.

Since you're now helping out the criminally insane perhaps you could explain it for him?

browniehound

30 and out.... Yes, im worth every penny. You know why? Because every 6 months, im judged on my QPR measuring my performance vs goals the company has set out. It also rates what other co workers opinions of me and my work ethic are. That determines my wage increases. Not just how many days ive walked into work and delivered packages regardless of how well i do it. When you start getting your wage increases based on your number of stops, missed deliveries, missed pickups, etc etc and you can show me that you are a better employee than another with the same length of service as you, then i will say you deserve every penny. If you are such a great, hardworking guy, id think that this equality in pay would frustrate you. I mean if you do 25 stops per hour and and guy next to you does 20, shouldnt you make more? If you make your pickups every day and never miss one, and the guy next to you has missed pickups every day, shouldnt you make more?

Audi,
At the same time I don't believe I should be paid more for delivering 25 stops/hour vs. 20 stops/hour as we both know each area is very different. Nor should you judge on SPOHR and missed piecies, unless there is a relative wieghting from group to group.

And I must admit that you as immediate sups. get the short end of the stick if your wage is depentdent on what other people's performances are when these "other people" are in no fear of losing their job based on performance (us drivers or hb workers).

This is why I don't envy your position. You can only motivate the troops so much. Its not like you are allowed to choose them.

Good Luck!