Saturday Air Driver

I was wondering that if you drive P/T on Saturdays and then work during the week as a loader if you get paid the drivers pay rate while doing your loaders work or do they split up the pay rates?

Thanks for any information.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Two different rates.
But think of all the knowledge you will gain, or as I have called it " getting paid to get lost ", the best way to learn a new area is to drive around it several times.

IDoLessWorkThanMost

I was wondering that if you drive P/T on Saturdays and then work during the week as a loader if you get paid the drivers pay rate while doing your loaders work or do they split up the pay rates?

Thanks for any information.

P/T Air driver wages:

Start $11.50
Seniority $12.50
Seniority Date plus 12 months $13.00
Seniority Date plus 18 months $13.50
Seniority Date plus 24 months Top Rate
1. Effective August 1, 2008, the prior $20.62 twenty-four (24) month (top) rate will change on August
1st and February 1st of each year of the Agreement to reflect the agreed upon general wage
increases. , as follows:
August 1, 2002 $16.25
August 1, 2003 $17.00
August 1, 2004 $17.80
August 1, 2005 $18.60
August 1, 2006 $19.50
August 1, 2007 $20.50

thebrownbox

Bah I had signed up to do Saturday Air I was taken to do a road test in a P1000... everyone was like why did they do that?!? I had a hard time shifting the truck geared waaaay lower then I'm used to..

partykid

Experience is the best teacher when no one gets hurt!
If you want to be a FT Driver.... Sat. air is the best way to get knowledge of the area's until fulltime" .. "if you dont know the area" which will be VERY useful when you go full time exspecialy if your a cover driver"

mattwtrs

Retired Senior Member
Bah I had signed up to do Saturday Air I was taken to do a road test in a P1000... everyone was like why did they do that?!? I had a hard time shifting the truck geared waaaay lower then I'm used to..

Better to road test in a diesel P1000 with power steering that a gas P800 with manual steering. Diesels are almost impossible to stall. Every standard shift pkg car is geared lower than a passenger vehicle, it's a truck! You should have practiced a little before the road test.

thebrownbox

Better to road test in a diesel P1000 with power steering that a gas P800 with manual steering. Diesels are almost impossible to stall. Every standard shift pkg car is geared lower than a passenger vehicle, it's a truck! You should have practiced a little before the road test.

Practiced in what?? I know how to drive a manual... I would of never been able to move those Subaru's off the truck when they came in :wink2:

Word has it, it was the guy's last day of doing the testing so he wanted to end early.. I been too busy to try again.. And for only $1.50 then I get paid now not sure if it's worth the effort yet.

Lobofan5

Practiced in what?? I know how to drive a manual... I would of never been able to move those Subaru's off the truck when they came in :wink2:

Word has it, it was the guy's last day of doing the testing so he wanted to end early.. I been too busy to try again.. And for only $1.50 then I get paid now not sure if it's worth the effort yet.

My center only tests in the 1000's..idea being that you need to be able to drive the largest vehicle that you may possibly have to drive.

I started Saturday air almost 2 years ago and have learned valuable information, skills and area knowledge. As an added bonus, I will top out at air driver pay in 1 week...and that rate gets locked in.

I highly reccommend driving Saturday air... if you have any ambition whatsover to drive for UPS.

thebrownbox

My center only tests in the 1000's..idea being that you need to be able to drive the largest vehicle that you may possibly have to drive.

I started Saturday air almost 2 years ago and have learned valuable information, skills and area knowledge. As an added bonus, I will top out at air driver pay in 1 week...and that rate gets locked in.

I highly reccommend driving Saturday air... if you have any ambition whatsover to drive for UPS.

I WAS going to do a 600 but the truck had a dead battery :( but I was told they use nothing higher then a 800 for Saturday Air.

I WAS going to do a 600 but the truck had a dead battery :( but I was told they use nothing higher then a 800 for Saturday Air.
To be package car qualified you have to show the ability to drive the largest package car in the building. They don't qualify you for air driving in a P47 today and then six months down the road if you move to cover driving in a P1000, re-qualify you. Either you can drive a UPS package car or you can't.

thebrownbox

To be package car qualified you have to show the ability to drive the largest package car in the building. They don't qualify you for air driving in a P47 today and then six months down the road if you move to cover driving in a P1000, re-qualify you. Either you can drive a UPS package car or you can't.

Yeah but having found out what the pay rate was is it really worth the hassle? the only good thing out of it was I have a small foot in the door.