Saturday Air Driving

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by laffter, Jun 11, 2014.

1. laffter

laffter Active Member

Under the new contract, what is the starting pay for a Saturday air driver? Does this pay increase over a period of time?

I may be taking the road test next Monday for driving school, and the HR guy wasn't able to answer that question due to the recent contract change.

2. baseballfan21

baseballfan21 New Member

I'm in Southwest, it's 12.50 start. Just started couple weeks ago been getting paid 12 lol... another thing to fix.

3. PT Car Washer

PT Car Washer Well-Known Member

Tops out in 24 months. Currently $25.44/hr for PT Saturday Air Drivers.

4. laffter

laffter Active Member

I'm guessing that's the top?

5. PT Car Washer

Until August 1st. Then it will go up again with the general wage increase. Not enough?

6. Just learn how to sheet up, Not In one and no such number,and you will be just fine!

7. Cementups

Cementups Box Monkey

^yes. $25.44 is currently the top air rate.

Start $12.50
    Seniority $13.50
    Seniority Date plus 12 months $14.00
    Seniority Date plus 18 months $14.50
    Seniority Date plus 24 months $Top Rate

8. That's alot of bananas!

9. PT Car Washer

Easy money once you hit top rate. Carry a NDA letter up to the front door and go on to the next stop. Most people have about 20 stops in my building.

10. Cementups

Cementups Box Monkey

Trying being a package car driver and making $33/hr. I need a wheelbarrow to carry all my loot home.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  11. Fedup5829491

Fedup5829491 New Member

I'm going to driving school in a week. I'm doing Sat Air and I was told pay was 13.50 then 12.50. I also was told we get driver pay for driving school. Then I was told it was my current loader pay. Does anyone know the truth?

12. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

You will receive your current loader pay.

13. DriveInDriveOut

DriveInDriveOut The One Who Knocks

Starting pay for air is $12.50, but if you are a seniority employee as a loader you start at the seniority air rate which is $13.50.

14. bmorebrown

bmorebrown New Member

I got 9.50 for integrad and my loader pay was 14.20 after 5 years on the preload.

15. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

Did you ask anyone about this?

16. Wally

Wally Hailing from Parts Unknown.

No Dr Evil?...Slackers!

17. ibleedbrown

ibleedbrown Active Member

you will start out at the entry level rate for air drivers, after 2 years u will be at top rate. currently in my area it's 14.50 to start 26.14 after 2 years. different locations might be different, best to get a contract book for your area and ask your union rep.

18. I have about 10 stops on saturday and drive about 130 miles average . Nice 5 hour day , laid back . You will love it !

19. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

God Saturday air drivers are so slow. Lol