Public perception

Non liberal

We haven’t had idiots like these running us into the ground before either. Between the outrageous spending and fuel prices, this is unsustainable. The country is going bankrupt. Oh and tax revenue was down too. Drill more oil, prices will come down.
Agreed, covid money had a lot to do with inflation as well.

Non liberal

OK, but people voted for it, overwhelmingly. Most people were satisfied, and or did not want to potentially walk a picket line. When you started working at UPS, whether you realize it or not, you threw your lot in with the rest of us, we don’t all get to decide on our own. We do it as a group.
Yup, I know, which is why I try and sway the groups mind or at least make them think. Not to say I know everything, or anything. That’s all I’m trying to do. And when I think I’ve gotten screwed, I’m going to announce it. Sorry.

Up In Smoke

Agreed, covid money had a lot to do with inflation as well.
9 of the 21 trillion dollars in the US economy were "printed" in 19, 20 and 21. 14 years of QE and near zero interest rates allowed people to over borrow and live an unsustainable lifestyle. Wages have increased significantly over the last 3 years, but desperately need to be slowed in order for companies to survive. We got a good, not great financial pkg and clawed back some shotty language. 5 years will bring a whole new set of issues to be addressed.

Non liberal

9 of the 21 trillion dollars in the US economy were "printed" in 19, 20 and 21. 14 years of QE and near zero interest rates allowed people to over borrow and live an unsustainable lifestyle. Wages have increased significantly over the last 3 years, but desperately need to be slowed in order for companies to survive. We got a good, not great financial pkg and clawed back some shotty language. 5 years will bring a whole new set of issues to be addressed.
No we didn’t. And interest rates had nothing to do with inflation. Everything was fine under trump until the “giveaway” started and continued waaaaay too much with Biden. Low interest rates simply allowed Americans to get into a house, everybody in the country having expendable income all of a sudden is what drove inflation. As well as shutting down business and factories. As well as a never ending giveaway to Ukraine. The left line to inflate the dollar. It’s their MO

What'dyabringmetoday???

So I’m just supposed to keep my mouth shut even though I’m a paying dues member? I don’t think so bud. This isn’t communist China. Even though the union would probably like it to be.
Don't ever question Big Union Man. After all- he IS an "elected leader". That's always his response if you question anything his beloved buddies at the trough do. "Run for office". Or something of that nature...

qdg2

And we are doing fine. In fact I will make more money when I retire then I do working.
Interesting. Which naturally begs the question....why are you still working? Very few people make more when they retire.....for obvious reasons.

Say, why aren't you making the same investments now(that are going to make you MORE MONEY)(with less income)?

Serious questions really.

And what then, do you call "working"?

Are you the working rich?

qdg2

What's it like to hate.... the people that pay your way?
As a very regular recipient of hate(even from that individual).......I think it's a fair statement if not question. Because the basic premise of making more with less is extraordinary. I would think being able to do so(make more without working) would require a great deal of managing......is that not work?

Over70irregs

Our inflation is being driven by fuel prices. I guess you’re a Bidenomics guy. Inflation was up last month. Oil is at 90 a barrel. The fed can raise rates and inflation may come down, but the price of goods as the are now will never come down unless fuel comes down.
There really is no Bidenomics, all they’re really doing is spending $. Any schmuck can do that.