Public perception

Non liberal

Now you start to wonder what is “everyone” else gonna do. The GAP will be vast……
Not really. The work force is changing. There is probably more people in white collar jobs now making much more, than there is in blue collar jobs cleaning up the scraps. Yes of the blue collar jobs were probably some of the more fortunate. However there are so many white collar jobs available making more money, that we will be, if not already are the minority who still have to work hard for less pay.

Over70irregs

Not really. The work force is changing. There is probably more people in white collar jobs now making much more, than there is in blue collar jobs cleaning up the scraps. Yes of the blue collar jobs were probably some of the more fortunate. However there are so many white collar jobs available making more money, that we will be, if not already are the minority who still have to work hard for less pay.
White collar less security. Trades are the ticket.

Up In Smoke

No we didn’t. And interest rates had nothing to do with inflation. Everything was fine under trump until the “giveaway” started and continued waaaaay too much with Biden. Low interest rates simply allowed Americans to get into a house, everybody in the country having expendable income all of a sudden is what drove inflation. As well as shutting down business and factories. As well as a never ending giveaway to Ukraine. The left line to inflate the dollar. It’s their MO
Do you remember the Fed raising rates from 2016-2018 in an attempt to let the US economy support itself? Do you remember the market sell off in 2018 as fears of a recession and government shutdowns threaten our fragile economy? Do remember the Fed reversing course on rates and QE in an effort to stimulate economic growth? Do you remember the dollar losing 20% in less than a year from 2017 to 2018? Low interest rates allow those who shouldn't buy to buy.

What'dyabringmetoday???

As a very regular recipient of hate(even from that individual).......I think it's a fair statement if not question. Because the basic premise of making more with less is extraordinary. I would think being able to do so(make more without working) would require a great deal of managing......is that not work?
I have no idea what you are saying.

Non liberal

Do you remember the Fed raising rates from 2016-2018 in an attempt to let the US economy support itself? Do you remember the market sell off in 2018 as fears of a recession and government shutdowns threaten our fragile economy? Do remember the Fed reversing course on rates and QE in an effort to stimulate economic growth? Do you remember the dollar losing 20% in less than a year from 2017 to 2018? Low interest rates allow those who shouldn't buy to buy.
No, I just remember my investment portfolio doubling from 2016-2020

Up In Smoke

No, I just remember my investment portfolio doubling from 2016-2020
Right, once the Fed went to zero, the only place that investors could go was the stock market. A responsible investor keeps a stock, bond and cash balance, but when the government has gutted 2/3rds of your investment path, everyone piled into the market. The masses don't make money, they feel cheated when the market is corrected by the smart money.

Non liberal

But as long as you have it at a low interest rate… wtf cares? It’s all relative whether you have a low interest rate or not. You’re just going to adjust how much you spend. Everyone has a monthly payment they can afford. A low rate just allows you to afford more. It makes the average Joe be able to afford something he normally wouldn’t have, thus making him money in the long run. It doesn’t mean he can’t afford it.