Seasonal driver working PT preload

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by Confused365, Mar 6, 2016.

1. Confused365

Confused365 New Member

I was a seasonal driver who was offered a PT preload position which I took. Got great reviews from management about my driving & delivering . Problem is that I have full time bills and they seem to not want to let me off early to gain a full time job which I have many offers on the table. But I know this is a great company to work for and it will be greater later but (sheesh) any input on the matter from those that been through this would be helpful?

2. Mst3k

Mst3k Member

If you have better offers then take one and quit

3. Confused365

Confused365 New Member

Not really better than going Full time driving. Really there just position for the now. Not retirement possibilities

4. Bastiatian

Bastiatian Active Member

Work multiple part time jobs? A lot of the guys in my building work at least one other job, sometimes two. A couple have full-time jobs on the side, as well...

5. silenze

silenze Lunch is the best part of the day

They will hire you for seasonal again in the summer.
    You must have a late preload. Our guys are done before 8

6. Confused365

Confused365 New Member

I unload trucks I'm done usually by 7:30 but all the jobs I am being offered and have experience in are reporting to work by 7 am it's frustrating. I know I am in the running for a position the last Reg Temp just went back 2 weeks ago a lot of drivers are starting feeder training this mth trying to stick it out cause everyone saying I'm next up just the waiting game is crazy

7. trickpony1

trickpony1 Well-Known Member

Have you tried going to a temp agency seeking day labor jobs that fit your schedule and are "by the day" until you make pkg car permanently?

Some income is better than none.

8. Confused365

Confused365 New Member

9. Number24

Number24 #24

Our preload's done before 9