Seasonals

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by Brownslave688, Jan 1, 2014.

1. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

Ok so if the company follows the contract that we are currently under (new contract has not been ratified) and no seasonals are kept on as of today. My center is in for a world of hurt.

Now I fully expect my center to keep seasonals until January 15 and our BA will totally let it go. What do you expect to see in your are?

2. over9five

over9five Moderator Staff Member

Our casuals are scheduled to work till the 17th.

3. Cementups

Cementups Box Monkey

I know my I was told my helper will be working the next few days so no change here.

4. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

Ok well what's the point in all the supplements then. I mean basically the union is letting the company use any rule like now instead of wait but holding off on stuff they dot like.

Examples. New hires will be in 4 year progression not 3. Even though they were hired while we were to be working under old contract. Seasonals stay on until January 15. However in the central we won't be allowed to file for triple time until it all passes.

5. Ouch

Ouch Well-Known Member

Brownslave you have a great point. Some locals just tend to turn their head on some things. Of course we know how to remedy that. Vote them out. Im glad we have a good local here and we dont have to put up with all that. They do a pretty good job on making sure your grievances stick. Yall should get together and file on every contract violation and hold the ba's feet to the fire.

6. Ouch

Ouch Well-Known Member

Hey ive got a package, whats wrong with having a local that works for its members. Keeping the seasonals on could be taking money out of the partimers pocket that may want the time and money. They may not be offered the chance to work if the seasonals are still working. What wrong with holding your ba accountable to the contract. If your ba will not uphold the contract how do you expect the company to go by the contract. A weak local is a no win situation for everyone except the company. Just curious on which part you disagree with?

7. I hit the wrong button.....sorry

8. bleedinbrown58

bleedinbrown58 ahhh....the mouth breathers

Ours are done....if they want helpers the next few weeks, us preloaders will be going out after the sort....same as last year.

9. Oak

Oak Active Member

Just my opinion, but since we are beyond peak - according to the contract we are currently working under - those employees should be telling the company they need to hire more drivers.

10. bleedinbrown58

They don't force us to work as helpers...it's voluntary.

11. Oak

Oak Active Member

I fully understand that. I'm just saying the company needs to hire drivers if they can't get the work done without helpers, outside of peak.

12. bleedinbrown58

Sure...they'll get right on that....I've been waiting 7.5 years... lol

13. PT Car Washer

PT Car Washer Well-Known Member

Why should the company hire more drivers when they are cutting routes?

14. I say cut a sup position and replace him (or her) with a route. Why have orion and edd and keep the same amount of management?

15. ChickenLegs

ChickenLegs Safety Expert

Lol

16. joeboodog

joeboodog good people drink good beer

I think you should add "...and we work 11 hour days to make service."

17. Overpaid Union Thug

Overpaid Union Thug Well-Known Member

The rumor in my center is that our local or national is allowing seasonals to stay on until January 15. The supervisors have already said they plan to.

Sent using BrownCafe App

18. Oak

Oak Active Member

Seems to be a clear violation of the contract we are working under. Can a PT employee file for the hours worked by a helper at the rate a cover driver would make?

19. burco8080

burco8080 Member

it is true company and union work it out to allow seasonals to work up to the 17th of jan 2014

20. AirTractor

AirTractor New Member

I'm a seasonal and the 10th will be my last day from what I'm hearing.