Second Week of Seasonal Driving- Doing well, needs tips tho

RVA_Guy

I wanted to post here awhile back but I figured I'd hold off until I made it through all of the training.

Anyway, I made it through all the training, road test, memorized all the methods and blah.

I have gone on my 3 days of driving while having a sup. I have now driven my route 5 or 6 times alone.

Currently, they are keeping my load light, around 120-130 stops, with about maybe 200 packages, i cant even remember tbh. ive been so focused on learning the route and finding packages quickly that I havent really paid attention to how many stops or packages im really delivering.

Anyways, with the lighter load, Im finishing around the same time a regular driver would finish if they had a load of about 40-50 more stops.

What can I do to speed up my time? I feel like im losing time on Bulk, business stops, but at the same time i feel Like im not doing that bad, but I still come up short in the end of the day.

SO please, any and all tips and UPS driving wisdom is welcome here.

I really want to become a full time cover driver at the end of the season, so I am trying to prove myself. What can I do to go above and beyond and show them im worth keeping around?

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
It's all about repetition and getting smooth with everything you're already doing. Focus particularly on your weakest method. Selection? Cab routine? Getting the sig? Getting back to the truck? Finding addresses when delivering? Zoom in on one each day and drill down on that one thing. Get it ironed out and do the next weakest thing.
You'll make it if you get smooth on each method.
Good luck!

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
I wanted to post here awhile back but I figured I'd hold off until I made it through all of the training.
Thanks for not being one of those guys who posts before working here.

Anyway, I made it through all the training, road test, memorized all the methods and blah.
Referring back to your first statement, we kind of figured that out but thanks for the update!

I havent really paid attention to how many stops or packages im really delivering.
No one cares and neither should you at this point. You're just a seasonal right now.

I feel like im losing time on Bulk, business stops, but at the same time i feel Like im not doing that bad, but I still come up short in the end of the day.
Again, who cares. You get paid by the hour and you are just a seasonal at this point.Worry about that IF you get hired permanently.

SO please, any and all tips and UPS driving wisdom is welcome here.
Use the search box. I know for a fact, that there has been at least one other thread started asking for tips. (Maybe two).

I really want to become a full time cover driver at the end of the season, so I am trying to prove myself. What can I do to go above and beyond and show them im worth keeping around?
You and the other 95,000 seasonals that are hired this time of year. Read the other one or two threads on what you can do to "be the one".

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
It's all about repetition and getting smooth with everything you're already doing. Focus particularly on your weakest method. Selection? Cab routine? Getting the sig? Getting back to the truck? Finding addresses when delivering? Zoom in on one each day and drill down on that one thing. Get it ironed out and do the next weakest thing.
You'll make it if you get smooth on each method.
Good luck!
@RVA_Guy listen to this guy, best advice you will get.

pugspugspugs

Thanks for not being one of those guys who posts before working here.

Referring back to your first statement, we kind of figured that out but thanks for the update!

No one cares and neither should you at this point. You're just a seasonal right now.

Again, who cares. You get paid by the hour and you are just a seasonal at this point.Worry about that IF you get hired permanently.

Use the search box. I know for a fact, that there has been at least one other thread started asking for tips. (Maybe two).

You and the other 95,000 seasonals that are hired this time of year. Read the other one or two threads on what you can do to "be the one".
Can anyone share on where to find "be the one" link in this description please