Seasonal is getting my work

coinbaron

My route isn't in. Management makes a route with a different name, it's literally my normal route with 2~3hrs of work cut off and they give it to a seasonal for training. Driver next to my route was complaining to me how he's getting some of my route put on him. It's been going on all week and I'm getting thrown onto different routes blind. Another driver tells me to go bump the seasonal off the route since it's all my work, but can I do that if they're "training" the seasonal with it? I overheard the driver supervisor telling this seasonal that this is the area they will be doing all peak... So like am I just out of my route all peak or can I actually go to management and claim the route?

PT Car Washer

My route isn't in. Management makes a route with a different name, it's literally my normal route with 2~3hrs of work cut off and they give it to a seasonal for training. Driver next to my route was complaining to me how he's getting some of my route put on him. It's been going on all week and I'm getting thrown onto different routes blind. Another driver tells me to go bump the seasonal off the route since it's all my work, but can I do that if they're "training" the seasonal with it? I overheard the driver supervisor telling this seasonal that this is the area they will be doing all peak... So like am I just out of my route all peak or can I actually go to management and claim the route?
Seasonal is driving a package car? Probably a PT sup.

bumped

Is your route a designated training route?

542thruNthru

What local are you?

KearsargeCoop

Baseball, dart board
According to the contract your centers training routes should be openly posted somewhere. Yours might be one.
Also, you arent going out BLIND. You have mapnav, and a map mode on your diad. You'll run the "peak route" for 3 or 4 days and figure it right out.

Brown Down

We've had this fight before. Calling it a different name doesn't make it a different route. As long as yours isn't a training route file for being pulled off your bid route, let your steward know whats going on before you file and if your steward is any good he should get this fixed quick.

R1wonder

Unfortunately this time of year they will drag ass and do nothing even if you file , we all know it , I’m not saying not to though. They want this person to learn that area for peak and that’s what they will do. Sucks being put elsewhere but just go one stop at a time and take the money

Faceplanted

Unfortunately this time of year they will drag ass and do nothing even if you file , we all know it , I’m not saying not to though. They want this person to learn that area for peak and that’s what they will do. Sucks being put elsewhere but just go one stop at a time and take the money
Horrible advice.

OP, as long as your route is not a designated training route… File every single day. Make sure you put on the grievance that you want your 2 hours penalty pay every day.

They tried pulling the re-naming nonsense with me. It ended quickly and I got a check for 2hr penalty every day they did so.

oldngray

nowhere special
Horrible advice.

OP, as long as your route is not a designated training route… File every single day. Make sure you put on the grievance that you want your 2 hours penalty pay every day.

They tried pulling the re-naming nonsense with me. It ended quickly and I got a check for 2hr penalty every day they did so.
If they try renaming you just follow where most of your work went.

As UPS tries to claim - you don't bid a route but a position in the loop.

R1wonder

Horrible advice.

Not really sure why you think that is horrible advice, I told him to file…. I stated the obvious, we all know absolutely nothing will happen . No need to lie about it.

Faceplanted

Not really sure why you think that is horrible advice, I told him to file…. I stated the obvious, we all know absolutely nothing will happen . No need to lie about it.
It doesn’t say anywhere in your post to file, and it gives a siding with the company vibe, and the union does nothing anyways vibe.

R1wonder

It doesn’t say anywhere in your post to file, and it gives a siding with the company vibe, and the union does nothing anyways vibe.
Maybe you should read a little bit better, I said the company won’t do anything if you file, and then I said, I’m not saying not to though 🤷‍♂️🤦🏼‍♂️

File file file . Good luck .

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

Start the bumping process

ManInBrown

Did you bid a training route? When they post routes for bid they have to specify if it is a training route, if it is your SOL. The only way to file a grievance is if they use multiple drivers on it. It has to be the same driver every day for 30 working days.