Secretary-Treasurer of Local 100 Says 5,000 ballots left out!

hyena

No dude those local 100 ba's are ****. This is for sure. They could have stood up that day. If they did others would have stood up then and followed but they had NO balls. The ball was in there court and they passed. Now they are going to come out and say this crap. This master passed and these supplements will also.
Not sure on local 100.. Ill have to research that I thought you were talking about local 89 who my hats off to mr Zuckerman for standing up for the members.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
I'll go with "many" but call bs on thousands. Do you know if the "many" have moved recently? Seems the issue in our local was pt's moving and not updating their addresses. Makes it tough to get mail...
Also not convinced "many" are all no votes. Even the conspiracy theorists can't really believe the IBT "knew" who not to send ballots to. The IBT was convinced this Nat TA would fly through so why withhold ballots intentionally?
And finally the member mailing lists go to an independent mailer. The friend-ups are totally the fault of this vendor. If this mailer is ever used again, I'll eat my ballot.

​Ive moved 4 times since I started at UPS. I've never had to notify the union. They always seem to find me.

Theking30

SHORTY
So sad that we are using the USPS. It takes them 4 days to transport a letter from same town as the destination. I would have had to mail my ballot in May for it to get delivered by June 22nd.

hyena

Take it like a man. These moderators don't have to explain themselves to you. Who are you?? Yiu aren't high enough up the food chain on this forum for any explanation.
Your right im not high moon man ! Your supplement got voted down take it like a man!

Last edited by a moderator:

hyena

Free Zuckerman is a tool.
And you are a fool! Someone didn't get their way? So the man goes out on tv defying the IBT and the approximatly 17% of the people who voted yes on the master and hes now a tool? Just remember it wasn't 52 or 53% of the Teamsters who voted yes. It was around 17 or 18%

stink219

Free Zuckerman is a tool.
And you are a fool! Someone didn't get their way? So the man goes out on tv defying the IBT and the approximatly 17% of the people who voted yes on the master and hes now a tool? Just remember it wasn't 52 or 53% of the Teamsters who voted yes. It was around 17 or 18%
Hyena, you really don't think that Zuckerman changed his tune because he was 100% motivated politically? You didn't notice that he waited until he found out how PO'd his people were?

Catatonic

Nine Lives
If my post needs edited it would be nice to have a pm sent so that way I can correct it! Thanx

It would be nice if you could write a post without using vulgarities then I would not have to delete.

You know what you wrote and now you know that it is not acceptable.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
This is what the Secretary-Treasurer of Local 100 had to say:

They did get the Freight envelopes and counted them... I watched over that. But, my complaint is that some Teamsters delayed their return, waiting to see if the IBT was sending out new envelopes and new ballots... that delay may have resulted in those ballots not being counted. As of Monday, there was about 5000 ballots at the post office that they do not intend to count. My petition addressed exactly that problem. I have been the observer driving to the post office with the election Supervisor each day to pick up the ballots. And, I have been keeping track of those ballots. On Saturday, they left 8 1/2 trays of returned ballots at the post office, on Monday they left 10 trays. There are about 500 ballots in each tray. There are also Local 135 ballots in there and some ABF Ballots in there... so, any estimate of how many ballots is just an estimate.

We picked up ballots on Thursday, the general date required for return of ballots. We went back over on Saturday, because the IBT messed up the Local 89 ballots and they had until the 22nd to return their ballots. Then back on Monday the 24th, because Local 901 had their ballots messed up and we go back on Wednesday to pick up 135's ballots, because they had more issues.

While the Election Supervisor picks through the trays of ballots, to find those specific ballots he's is taking back to count on those days, I'm observing the other ballots. I've seen ballots post marked as early as June 10th, that will not be counted, because they were not in the IBT trays "On-Time".

I think anything post marked prior to the deadline should be counted. Unfortunately, the USPS does not post mark everything anymore. So, many of those returned ballots have not been stamped.

But, On Monday afternoon, I restated my concerns that if there are more ballots being held back than the difference in the count, they must count them all. Unfortunately, the IBT and Local 100 disagree.

But, after Indy is counted and if the vote count difference is less than the number of ballots that I've contested. I believe they should be counted.

So....

Exactly where is this information coming from ??

You didn't post a link.... to any creditable source for this information.

I know ole' Sam is a big TDU guy....

​-Bug-

sortaisle

Livin the cardboard dream
Here's the thing...my BA isn't terribly popular it seems...although he's been reelected several times...I took the initiative to ask if we're getting new ballots or to just mail the one we got. THAT IS THE ISSUE. Most people don't take voting seriously even though IT AFFECTS THEIR FUTURE. Then they have the audacity to bitch about not knowing if there was going to be a new ballot or not. There was a clear deadline for the ballots to be returned. If their BA's or stewards gave them false information then they can bring up labor charges against them and go from there...but you know what? I bet most people don't know or just don't care enough to do that. Voting is probably not even on peoples top 25 list of important crap to do in their lifetime.

hyena

Seems like a pattern with him. Maybe some time in the que will straighten him out?
1 post was edited the words I used I felt were acceptable since the post by anonymous right before mine used the same words. Just like at my hub the stewards stink and 407 being all chummy with their management friend Hoaxter. And 407 thanx for giving me neg rep. Im so worried about that im not gonna be able to go on. Im going to go slit my wrists now. Ha ha you are the tools!

sortaisle

Livin the cardboard dream
1 post was edited the words I used I felt were acceptable since the post by anonymous right before mine used the same words. Just like at my hub the stewards stink and 407 being all chummy with their management friend Hoaxter. And 407 thanx for giving me neg rep. Im so worried about that im not gonna be able to go on. Im going to go slit my wrists now. Ha ha you are the tools!
Your projecting your anger onto the moderation. The TOS are perfectly clear on language. Hoax moderates 407's and Stinks posts as well. They've been fair. Plus the moderators are allowed to have a personal presence on here. They can argue and such. They don't moderate your posts because your wrong in their eyes. They have to follow the same rules with language. I haven't seen anything unfair. Be a little more creative with your anger on here and you won't get moderated. As much as I disagree with some of The Other Sides arguments he/she does a great job creatively getting his/her anger across without requiring moderation. Play within the rules instead of crying foul. You'll get more done.

Catatonic

Nine Lives

To your point, 407's post was moderated first and then yours was next for using the same word.

Did you not notice that 407's posts had been moderated as well?

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
To your point, 407's post was moderated first and then yours was next for using the same word.Did you not notice that 407's posts had been moderated as well?

As a moderator....It's your job to explain it. You covered it.

30bz2tl.jpg