Seniority criteria

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
Is seniority based solely on start date @ UPS, or is it something else, like when you make book?

I think my PT sup has been asking guys if they want to go home early who are lower in seniority than I am.

I'm positive that one of the guys started a month after me, and another started 2 months after me.

Thanks.

Thank of it this way for job bids the one with the highest seniority gets the bid. So why wouldn't it be for going home also. Leaving early is suppose to be top to bottom. If you didn't' have seniority someone could bump you out of you job area everyday if they wanted to. If not what is the point of having it.

browntroll

my hub is seniority based at least thats what management and union reps have told us since i have been there. so if i want to leave before
or stay longer then someone with less seniority in my work area then i may do so but only at managements discretion. in my hub they are
supposed to ask who wants to leave early or stay based by seniority when its time to start cutting ppl or near the end of the shift.

I work 2 jobs 5 days a week. Preload at UPS, then a full-time office job 9:30-5:30. My supervisors at UPS have known from the start that I have another job, and some (including my PT sup on the sort aisle) actually have done a great job in working with me on getting out at a reasonable time every day. I used to load package cars, but moved to the sort aisle b/c loading always kept me there until 9 or later. So yes, I do have somewhere else to be every day.

That's why FrigidFTSup's comment was so moronic. He must assumed I'm some college kid in my early 20s who just wants to get out of working. I just want to be able to see my children before they leave for school each day, and sometimes, getting out 10 minutes earlier will allow me to do that... before I then have to turn right around and go to my second, full-time job. I'm doing UPS for the healthcare/benefits.
I don't totally disagree with what this tread is about but trying to get support from others that work long hours in this company about you not working as much is not a good idea. Good luck with your problem.