SENT HOME!!!

LongIslandNewbie

Today was my 40th Day and I got sent home. Walked in and my Diad wasn't there for me I was told I don't have a route again until the center Manager gives me his blessing???? WTF????

upschuck

If you work another day, you are a permanent driver. They are waiting for confirmation that you qualified, which could take a little time. I've also heard there is a conference call that needs to be had with you and DM, or somebody.

Call the center manager and ask him how you did, and what the timetable for you to get back to work.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Sounds like a volume thing, then. Will be like this for a while.
I doubt it's a volume thing.....we were buried all week. Oh and to the long Island OP....if you're in Local 804 (I assume) I believe you need 50 days to qualify as a driver....it used to be 40.

LongIslandNewbie

Its not a volume thing, my supervisor was fighting for me to go out but was told nope hes at 40. The old timers were fuming, supposed to be 92 here today and Fridays are usually the worst.

upschuck

Its not a volume thing, my supervisor was fighting for me to go out but was told nope hes at 40. The old timers were fuming, supposed to be 92 here today and Fridays are usually the worst.
Hope they file grievances over this. This is a backwards company, that's for sure. Operations has very little foresight.

LongIslandNewbie

Still waiting 3rd Day home. I was told this morning it is going to be awhile. My co-worker has been home for 3 weeks waiting for his union paperwork to be completed?

LongIslandNewbie

Still sitting home waiting for a call from my center manager. I am positive its not a volume thing. My supervisor said sit tight its going to be a bit but I am in. Do I believe him or start job hunting?

Tick Toc

I'm a preloader who started his 30 day qualification for TCD back in August. I've been sent back to preload until mid-october. It's a volume thing, don't worry. Plenty of driving hours ahead.