Discussion in 'Introductions and Welcomes' started by LongIslandNewbie, Sep 9, 2016.

1. Today was my 40th Day and I got sent home. Walked in and my Diad wasn't there for me I was told I don't have a route again until the center Manager gives me his blessing???? WTF????
  2. upschuck

upschuck Well-Known Member

If you work another day, you are a permanent driver. They are waiting for confirmation that you qualified, which could take a little time. I've also heard there is a conference call that needs to be had with you and DM, or somebody.

Call the center manager and ask him how you did, and what the timetable for you to get back to work.
  3. I was told off today and Monday and to call Tuesday.
  4. upschuck

Sounds like a volume thing, then. Will be like this for a while.
  5. scooby0048

scooby0048 This page left intentionally blank

Maybe your center manager off for those next two days. You are at you probably made it. Congrats and good luck out there!
  6. bleedinbrown58

bleedinbrown58 mouth breathers...everywhere

I doubt it's a volume thing.....we were buried all week. Oh and to the long Island OP....if you're in Local 804 (I assume) I believe you need 50 days to qualify as a used to be 40.
  7. Its not a volume thing, my supervisor was fighting for me to go out but was told nope hes at 40. The old timers were fuming, supposed to be 92 here today and Fridays are usually the worst.
  8. upschuck

Hope they file grievances over this. This is a backwards company, that's for sure. Operations has very little foresight.
  9. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

Your center manager has to ride with you on your 40th day before you are deemed qualified.
  10. Monkey Butt

Monkey Butt You can call me Chappy Staff Member

And the center manager is waiting on a nice day to go out.
    • Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • List
  11. PT Car Washer

PT Car Washer Well-Known Member

All of our drivers have a 30 day qualification period. On your 31st day you are eligible for bonus pay.
  12. cosmo1

cosmo1 Just another internet hooligan.

And definitely not a Friday.
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  13. UpstateNYUPSer

I know (think) that you are joking but that very well may be the reason.
  14. Still waiting 3rd Day home. I was told this morning it is going to be awhile. My co-worker has been home for 3 weeks waiting for his union paperwork to be completed?
  15. PT Car Washer

PT Car Washer Well-Known Member

Sounds like a lack of volume. Can you bump into any of the other sorts?
  16. UpstateNYUPSer

As I pulled in I saw our most recently qualified driver working the local sort.

It's a volume thing.
  17. Still sitting home waiting for a call from my center manager. I am positive its not a volume thing. My supervisor said sit tight its going to be a bit but I am in. Do I believe him or start job hunting?
  18. UpstateNYUPSer

It's a volume thing.
  19. Orion inc.

Orion inc. I like turtles

Must be up there. Down here we are heavy
  20. Tick Toc

Tick Toc New Member

I'm a preloader who started his 30 day qualification for TCD back in August. I've been sent back to preload until mid-october. It's a volume thing, don't worry. Plenty of driving hours ahead.