SENT HOME!!!

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
I wasn't technically laid off so can I really file for unemployment? The center managers exact words when he sent me home om my 40th day:

"You are in you did great. Go home today don't come in Monday and Call me on Tuesday. Its going to be a bit. " That was exactly 2 weeks tomorrow. He has not called me back after I left 2 messages, however my supervisor sent me a text that said and I quote "hang tight processing union paperwork could be a bit"

I reached out to a few local places for delivery but noting is quick around here, everything is background check etc.....

I just wish some of this was clear at the time I was hired. I am hopeful and counting on his word meaning something.
NY state law...you have to be employed by a company for at least 6 months before you can qualify for unemployment.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
NY state law...you have to be employed by a company for at least 6 months before you can qualify for unemployment.

Taken straight from NY Labor website. Am I missing something that says you must work for a company for 6 months.

You must have worked and been paid wages for work in at least two calendar quarters in your base period,
AND
You must have been paid at least $1,900 in wages in one of the calendar quarters in your base period,
AND
The total wages paid to you in your base period must be one and one-half times your high quarter wages.

We use no more than $9,240 of your high quarter earnings to determine if you qualify. You must have earned at least half that amount ($4,620) in the other base period quarters.

If you qualify using the Basic base period, we use that period to establish your claim.
  1. If you do not qualify in the Basic base period, we will calculate using the Alternate base period.
  2. If you qualify under the Basic base period, you may think that using the Alternate base period would give you a higher benefit rate. You can ask us to recalculate your rate using the Alternate base period. You have 10 days from the date of the initial notice to make the request.
  3. If you do not qualify using either base period
    AND
    You received Workers' Compensation payments
    OR
    Volunteer Firefighters' benefits during the Basic base period,
    THEN
    We may extend the Basic base period back up to 2 calendar quarters. This will depend on how many base period quarters you received these benefits.
  4. If you do not qualify in any of these base periods,
    AND
    You worked for pay in the calendar quarter when you filed,
    AND
    You are still unemployed after that quarter ends,
    AND
    You think that you may qualify using the latest work,
    THEN
    You should apply again for benefits after this calendar quarter ends.
I can recall collecting unemployment as a casual driver with less than 6 months with the company. They may have looked at my complete history when they approved my claim.

That's usually how it works. They would have gone back a set amount of time and found that you had worked the requisite amount of hours or earned the requisite amount of compensation.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Taken straight from NY Labor website. Am I missing something that says you must work for a company for 6 months.

You must have worked and been paid wages for work in at least two calendar quarters in your base period,
AND
You must have been paid at least $1,900 in wages in one of the calendar quarters in your base period,
AND
The total wages paid to you in your base period must be one and one-half times your high quarter wages.

We use no more than $9,240 of your high quarter earnings to determine if you qualify. You must have earned at least half that amount ($4,620) in the other base period quarters.

If you qualify using the Basic base period, we use that period to establish your claim.
  1. If you do not qualify in the Basic base period, we will calculate using the Alternate base period.
  2. If you qualify under the Basic base period, you may think that using the Alternate base period would give you a higher benefit rate. You can ask us to recalculate your rate using the Alternate base period. You have 10 days from the date of the initial notice to make the request.
  3. If you do not qualify using either base period
    AND
    You received Workers' Compensation payments
    OR
    Volunteer Firefighters' benefits during the Basic base period,
    THEN
    We may extend the Basic base period back up to 2 calendar quarters. This will depend on how many base period quarters you received these benefits.
  4. If you do not qualify in any of these base periods,
    AND
    You worked for pay in the calendar quarter when you filed,
    AND
    You are still unemployed after that quarter ends,
    AND
    You think that you may qualify using the latest work,
    THEN
    You should apply again for benefits after this calendar quarter ends.

That's usually how it works. They would have gone back a set amount of time and found that you had worked the requisite amount of hours or earned the requisite amount of compensation.
"You must have worked and been paid wages in 2 calendar quarters" in a year....2 calendar quarters....12 months divided by 4 quarters is 3 months. 2 calendar quarters is SIX months.