Shifter driver

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by bettum, Jul 1, 2015.

1. bettum

bettum New Member

I am currently a shifter driver, I have applied for a ups air exception driver, my local Union said i do not have to Give up my part time job i am working now>>. Is this true? I do not want to give up my 16.69 an P/T hour job ?
    local Union Rep said the should work around my schedule????
  2. PT Car Washer

PT Car Washer Well-Known Member

In my building shifters are Feeder department and only FT are allowed to operate Feeder equipment.
  3. bettum

bettum New Member

Had a full time sup. Say i had to quit my job on Air side and Re-aply for a driver side? CONFUSED.....
  4. PT Car Washer

PT Car Washer Well-Known Member

Most sups are. Talk to the hall and get their opinion.
  5. bettum

bettum New Member

Well my local union hall guy said i can keep my air side making 16.69 and hour and work the ups air exception driver at 13.39 an hour.. My question is do i have to quit working my Airhub job and restart my Seniority??
  6. burrheadd

burrheadd Superstar

Ask your " hall Guy"
  7. trickpony1

trickpony1 Well-Known Member

Ask your supe where it says that in the contract.
  8. Box Ox

Box Ox Would rather be driving an E-frame

As far as I know, air exception work is done on a volunteer/as needed basis and doesn't knock you out of whatever else you're doing. It would if you were going into an air bid slot. You still get air top rate 2 years after your first punch.
  9. greengrenades

greengrenades To be the man, you gotta beat the man.

I was a shifter and drove saturday morning air. I had my usual part time pay, then on Saturdays I had whatever the pay was for Sat Air driving. I stop doing it a year later, no big deal. I never had to restart any seniority.