Shoulder pain progressively getting worse

TeltBender

I have been loading for several weeks since I was bumped off of tender. Since then, my left shoulder joint has been experiencing more and more pain by the day. I have told supervisors several times and they just keep telling me that it’s because I’m new to loading. I have done “heavy” lifting before and have never experienced this shoulder pain. It becomes literally unbearable if I forget to take a ton of ibuprofen before coming in. What am I meant to do here. I know if I am injured on the job I can get PTO but I am unsure what constitutes as an injury. I don’t want to potential destroy my shoulder waiting for something to pop, but I don’t want to be taking unpaid time off.

Swanson

Henry Swanson's my name, and excitement's my game.
I have been loading for several weeks since I was bumped off of tender. Since then, my left shoulder joint has been experiencing more and more pain by the day. I have told supervisors several times and they just keep telling me that it’s because I’m new to loading. I have done “heavy” lifting before and have never experienced this shoulder pain. It becomes literally unbearable if I forget to take a ton of ibuprofen before coming in. What am I meant to do here. I know if I am injured on the job I can get PTO but I am unsure what constitutes as an injury. I don’t want to potential destroy my shoulder waiting for something to pop, but I don’t want to be taking unpaid time off.
Sounds like a workers comp case, go to a chiropractor tell them you hurt your shoulder at work lifting heavy packages

Whither

Scofflaw
Don't listen to the supes, get your stew and explain the situation, file an injury report in the stew's presence and demand to see a doctor. Don't see a doctor on your own, personal insurance doesn't cover work injuries and taking this route may cause you a lot of grief -- work injuries are the company's responsibility. Also ask coworkers and union reps for lawyer recommendations. If the company refuses to let you see a doctor, consult with a lawyer immediately. Work comp laws vary from state to state, the lawyer will be able to inform you of your rights.

Cowboy Mac

Make sure you are stretching before work and following your 8 keys to lifting and lowering for EVERY package. Make sure you take the time to use your load stand every time to load above your shoulders. If you feel like it’s an injury, don’t wait for it to get worse to report it.

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
Remember you need an exact time and date the injury occurred. Pick a heavy box and immediately tell your supervisor that caused the injury.

Whither

Scofflaw
Remember you need an exact time and date the injury occurred. Pick a heavy box and immediately tell your supervisor that caused the injury.
I've read that here before from other posters, but it's not necessarily true -- regardless of what company mgmt says. In many (perhaps all?) states, repetitive stress injuries are recognized. It's another reason why the @TeltBender should both talk with their union reps and seek legal counsel.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Sounds like a workers comp case, go to a chiropractor tell them you hurt your shoulder at work lifting heavy packages
Before you do this tell your Supe you are going to the Dr. because you hurt your shoulder at work. At this point it could go a few different ways. He could try and browbeat you into not going to Dr. or he could try and be your best friend or could even ignore you. None of this matters because at some point he has to sit down and fill out the work comp forms. If he tells you any different get a steward involved

Swanson

Henry Swanson's my name, and excitement's my game.
Before you do this tell your Supe you are going to the Dr. because you hurt your shoulder at work. At this point it could go a few different ways. He could try and browbeat you into not going to Dr. or he could try and be your best friend or could even ignore you. None of this matters because at some point he has to sit down and fill out the work comp forms. If he tells you any different get a steward involved
I forgot about that part they will try to talk you out of it, or tell you to lie to your doctor.But that's the only option ups don't give a crap about you and will try to work you into the ground.

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
UPS boxes aren’t heavy , obviously your not a RPCD
🧔✊

YOU WILL NEVER BECOME A RPCD!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shift Inhibit

He who laughs last didn't get it.
The problem is, she has already mentioned a few times to sups that her shoulder is hurting from loading..

NAHimGOOD

Nothing to see here.... Move along.
I have done “heavy” lifting before and have never experienced this shoulder pain.
dr-cox-not-buying.gif

RMR46

Join the club . If my shoulder don't hurt there's definitely something wrong

nWo

Hey kinda on the same topic here. How would you word a grievance if UPS is forcing you to work outside of your power zone. Say a shorter belt splitter that has to fully extend her arms to split the opposite side of the belt.