Simple hacks for the UPS driver - On topic please

Rainman

Its all good.
Use a binder clip to hold your toll transponder.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1471218572.504031.jpg
    ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1471218572.504031.jpg
    173.3 KB · Views: 729

MynameisNeigan

Time for a new clean truck.
I'd like to start a thread to share simple "hacks" that could make things easier for drivers. Here are a few that I have come up with during my 28 year career.

This is the "zip tie Mag Light holder." All you need is a zip tie and a Phillips head screwdriver to solve the problem of keeping your flashlight handy. The location may vary according to the model of truck you drive but the idea is the same.
View attachment 57836
e

Mason3000

If your truck doesn't have a key fob, take the bulkhead key off the ring and leave it in the bulkhead door. Keeps you from having to take keys out of the ignition, put them in the bulkhead lock, back into the ignition. Also ensures you never lock yourself out.

Mason3000

I have a kit that includes most of the obvious: Extra pen, info notices, Chapstick, wet wipes, Visine, nail clipper, band aids, a lighter, a couple smokes, a $10 bill, trail mix, a few breakfast bars, extra socks, stocking cap, spare sun glasses, a five hour energy & a kick-ass battery charger.

In cold weather, I hate being bogged down wearing heavy winter gear. I use layers. Starting with a long sleeve dry-wick style undershirt & dry-wick long underwear. Then I go w/ a long sleeved UPS shirt, brown tactical style sweater (like UPS used to issue, my hub is fine with this), my UPS vest, a pair of work gloves & UPS baseball cap. This works for me up to -10 or so. My feet rarely get too cold, but feet getting snow on them, then getting wet as the heater melts the snow is an issue so I wear lightweight, waterproof boots & heavyweight smart wool socks.

Rainman

Its all good.
If your truck doesn't have a key fob, take the bulkhead key off the ring and leave it in the bulkhead door. Keeps you from having to take keys out of the ignition, put them in the bulkhead lock, back into the ignition. Also ensures you never lock yourself out.
Good, until you get caught.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

Good way to get fired