Simple hacks for the UPS driver - On topic please

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
Carry some paper towels in your pocket especially in the winter to clean the backup camera. Also, use handfuls of snow to clean salty headlights, backlights, and brakelights. Handfuls of snow also makes a windshield cleaner in a pinch.

Filling out delivery notices can be a real hassle when it is dark, raining, and you are trying to dig them out of a shirt pocket while wearing winter clothes and gloves.

If you encounter delays during your work day, a good use of that time is to go through your load and stick delivery notices onto any packages that are likely to need them. Its a lot easier to peel them off the pad ahead of time and write on them in the back of the truck, in the light and out of the wind and rain.
When you get to the stop, if it winds up being a send again you can just peel the note off of the package and stick it to the door without fumbling around with your pen and a flashlight. If its not a send again, the customer can keep it as a souvenier.
I would never ever ever do this lol. Did you make this up

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
Use a bungee cord on the vent to hold down your flashlight. :hang:

20151123_191917.jpg

Its a rental, so your mechanic wont blow a gasket when he sees this mod!

Last edited:

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Carry some paper towels in your pocket especially in the winter to clean the backup camera. Also, use handfuls of snow to clean salty headlights, backlights, and brakelights. Handfuls of snow also makes a windshield cleaner in a pinch.
I keep a couple dr bags in by pocket...the extra insulation keeps my thighs warm an they make me look like John Holmes;)

Coldworld

60 months and counting
The "Three S" method for dealing with footprints on packages:

Spot the footprint.
Splash water or spit on the footprint.
Smear the footprint.

Dont ever give the customer a package with a footprint on it. By using the "Three S" method it only takes a few seconds to turn a footprint into an unrecognizeable smudge.

Before:View attachment 59711

After:View attachment 59712
Will a mouth full of chew and spit work???

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
Im not gonna spend $ for a microfiber towel or some fru fru aerosol cleaner so i uses hobo paper towels aka newspaper

mind u im on the purple side so my esrnings are 30-50% less than a brownie driver, maybe even more than that...

Tylerdurden71

What I like doing when it is dark out when walking to delivery and using both hands to carry parcel is to turn on diad flashlight and turn it facing forward so my walkway is lit

Rack em

Made the Podium
Something a few of the drivers at our center do is get a few 4x4 planks so they can drive up onto them which makes putting chains on a lot easier. No need to drive over the chains, plus you can get the chains tighter this way.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Something a few of the drivers at our center do is get a few 4x4 planks so they can drive up onto them which makes putting chains on a lot easier. No need to drive over the chains, plus you can get the chains tighter this way.
Works good until you get one of the 2x4's stuck up between the duals...and they have to drag the truck into the shop to take the outer tire off...ask me how I know this...lol

Chilly Willie

My truck never gets washed unless a fire happens and the fire department responds. Lucky you. I guess there needs to be a hack for washing the truck.