Smart pickups

S

selfcancelsignal

So, you are worried about losing revenue, but don't want to take the couple hundred dollars sitting in front of you, that is brilliant.
No, I take care of the customers. Just agreeing with the original poster that it can be extremely inconvenient.

Scottyhawk

What is it? A brown box. Duh
I am required to send one letting them know when I deliver my last NDA and if I had any missed or late NDA.

I am required to send one letting them know what time I delivered Gamestop and how many they received.

I am required to send one letting them know my meal break times and ETA.

I send one if I am light to offer my help, if needed.

I send one to ask the OMS to alert area drivers of accidents or other delays.
Wow that is a lot of required messages. If I have game stop on the route I am doing, OMS sends a message to remind me of cutoff time to deliver, no response is required.
ETA they send 2 messages a day requesting ETA that I respond to.
They send a message reminding me if I have a pharmacy delivery, no response is required.
Other than that I only message the center if I am unable to locate NDA or commercial savers

wayfair

swollen member
I have pickups on my route that get picked up when I deliver.
If they don't have a delivery, I still have to go by to pick up.
Their scheduled pick up time is when I'm in the area

upschuck

And they pay for that, but if company a gives you a package everyday when you pick up, you don't have package for them, you don't pick up that day, waits for next delivery day. That is the advantage of paying for the pick up, it gets picked up on time.

billerz

Yes your right, however some businesses that get regular deliveries will use that as a pickup without paying, i.e. Giving the driver outgoing packages at the same time they are signing for the incoming packages. They don't pay for an on area pickup, or any pickup. All of us were saying that we will take any package handed to us, but that some people will take advantage of that.

upschuck

Yes your right, however some businesses that get regular deliveries will use that as a pickup without paying, i.e. Giving the driver outgoing packages at the same time they are signing for the incoming packages. They don't pay for an on area pickup, or any pickup. All of us were saying that we will take any package handed to us, but that some people will take advantage of that.
That is our job.

wayfair

swollen member
All of us were saying that we will take any package handed to us, but that some people will take advantage of that.

I know this first hand.

Last time the customer had 14 boxes of leather.

I told them they'd have to order a pickup as I didn't have room for it at the time. They didn't. They took it to a UPS store to escape the $10 charge.