So what are yall thoughts parttimers

Trucker Clock

Not praying just new here trying to learn the ropes a strike dont sound fun plus I'm lucky if I can bring 4 hours need more hours but hear it can take years to become full time is that true ?

A strike is not fun. We will lose volume that may take years to come back, if ever.

Going full time depends on where you’re at. Some it is just months, some it is years. They hired a ton of drivers during the pandemic because everyone was ordering online.

Now that that has settled down, we have too many drivers for the volume. It could take awhile to go full time.

If a strike happens, it will take much longer.

upser2020

Hey some of us hub rat part timers do try to expand our skills. I've been pt for 3 years and I've worked most positions in the hub(smalls, load, unload, grid, da) and even got forklift certified which helped me get overtime at times when they were being stingy with it.

PT Car Washer

Hey some of us hub rat part timers do try to expand our skills. I've been pt for 3 years and I've worked most positions in the hub(smalls, load, unload, grid, da) and even got forklift certified which helped me get overtime at times when they were being stingy with it.
Become air driver qualified and get extra work on Saturdays. Even some ground work, which pays top driver rate, when there are too many call ins or no call no shows. Easiest money you can make.

Fido

Don’t worry he’s friendly
Not praying just new here trying to learn the ropes a strike dont sound fun plus I'm lucky if I can bring 4 hours need more hours but hear it can take years to become full time is that true ?
Depends on what your building is like.
Took me 2 months.

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
Most aren’t worth that much
We used to be able to sniff them out when I was in the hub. We knew who was going to make it and who was going to fade away. I made good friends with a lot of people along the way. People I respected. All but ONE is now either a driver or a full time supervisor. The one has been here over 15 years and is a hard worker but lacks ambition. I’m still working on him.

TeltBender

A strike is not fun. We will lose volume that may take years to come back, if ever.

Going full time depends on where you’re at. Some it is just months, some it is years. They hired a ton of drivers during the pandemic because everyone was ordering online.

Now that that has settled down, we have too many drivers for the volume. It could take awhile to go full time.

If a strike happens, it will take much longer.

16E1054A-A1EE-4CB9-9AE1-BA4F66CAF9E7.jpeg

Looks like the volume didn’t decrease