Soccer

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
For those who care, the women's World Cup is going on now. US women beat Australia 3-1 last night in their first game. Looking in the stands, you would have thought the game was played in the US. USA representing well. :)

bbsam

Staff member
For those who care, the women's World Cup is going on now. US women beat Australia 3-1 last night in their first game. Looking in the stands, you would have thought the game was played in the US. USA representing well. :)
I think Sweden comes next.

I do know where moreluck is coming from though. My love of soccer only came from watching my kids play and seeing the player speed and technical ability increase season to season. I'm thoroughly hooked on it now. It truly is a "beautiful game".

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
I think Sweden comes next.

I do know where moreluck is coming from though. My love of soccer only came from watching my kids play and seeing the player speed and technical ability increase season to season. I'm thoroughly hooked on it now. It truly is a "beautiful game".

Same here. I had no interest until my daughter started playing. Unfortunately, she probably won't play past high school even though she's pretty good. She's had multiple concussions and won't be doing any headers.

bbsam

Staff member
Same here. I had no interest until my daughter started playing. Unfortunately, she will probably won't play past high school even though she's pretty good. She's had multiple concussions and won't be doing any headers.
I think we may be the rule in America as that goes. It is good to see how the world cup has exploded this time.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
I think we may be the rule in America as that goes. It is good to see how the world cup has exploded this time.

I agree. I had some of the guys at work hyped up about the games when the men's Cup was being played, even though they had never watched a game before. Lol. We would watch the US games in the break room.

bbsam

Staff member
Guys only watch women's soccer hoping for the girls to take their clothes off.
Not true. Women's soccer is every bit as intense and entertaining. If they take their clothes off, that's just one more plus.

Honestly, those women are some bad ass athletes.

bbsam

Staff member
images

Case in point, Sydney Leroux

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
@bbsam. Last night one of the announcers made a comment when they put Alex Morgan in the game that they NEED Alex Morgan. WTH?! The team was winning 3-1. Obviously they didn't NEED her. Comments like that are so unfair to the rest of the team.